What are you doing today?

That better be some dang special oat slop there... I better have no complaints 😂
Super special! It comes with a bad taste, burning insides, and even chills and vomiting as a bonus (I have an adverse reaction to it, most don’t have anything but the bad taste)

Super special! It comes with a bad taste, burning insides, and even chills and vomiting as a bonus (I have an adverse reaction to it, most don’t have anything but the bad taste)
So no new marvel movies coming out?

No, but seriously, I'm really sorry you have to go through that. You're in my prayers

B4CDF57C-C2EB-4C66-9703-91928649AEE1.jpeg

I added a moss ball to my 5g betta tank today and Christmas moss on a lava rock to my 10 g nano tank. I’m pleased.

Just got done fixing a laptop for a guy in my apartments. He got hit with ransomware and his drive was encrypted. It is now totally up and running. :) No, I didn't break the encryption. Since he claimed to have no important data on the thing I did a full system reset from the 'recovery console' which includes formatting the drive and installing a clean install of Windows restoring the system to factory condition.

In the case above there was no data issue involved that mattered but, if you will listen to a bit of professional advice, always do backups of your data such as pictures and such. Use an external hard drive or even flash drives but do it! In most cases it is easy to restore a system to factory but you lose all data on the drive. If your pictures, documents and such mean anything to you BACK THEM UP! Shoot I have a second desktop system in my bedroom. While now and then I will watch a movie in bed the main purpose is that it is networked to my main system and serves as a backup for all my data and media. And it isn't just due to a virus or malware that you need backups. I know that I'm a media junky but I have a total of well over 1000 movies and music videos taking over 6TB of drive space. If my almost full first media drive fried it would take years to restore manually but I have exact copies of the drives on my second system and would just have to replace the blown drive and copy back from the second system. I would not be surprised if it took a week to do the copy but that is a LOT better than years. ;)

Just got the laptop I fixed for the guy in my apartments back to him a bit ago. He asked me what he owed and I was tempted say to forget about it but people need to learn that careless use of a system carries a cost so I told him $25.00. He gave me $50.00 and called me a magic worker. Still he got off cheap. In 2009, when I shut down my computer business, it would have been $150.00. Don't know what it would actually cost in a shop today.

Just got the laptop I fixed for the guy in my apartments back to him a bit ago. He asked me what he owed and I was tempted say to forget about it but people need to learn that careless use of a system carries a cost so I told him $25.00. He gave me $50.00 and called me a magic worker. Still he got off cheap. In 2009, when I shut down my computer business, it would have been $150.00. Don't know what it would actually cost in a shop today.
Dang, forgot to finish the above post... What struck me was that the guy actually showed appreciation, often does not happen. I've experienced cases where a system would not boot and I fixed and they didn't want to pay as the desktop wallpaper was not the same as it was so I didn't really fix things. I mean the danged thing would not boot. How am I supposed to know what they had for a wallpaper? :dunno: Then there is the other side. I remember a client that I did a new build for $150.00 plus parts. When I was done she wrote me a check for $200.00 saying that she appreciated a job well done.

However my favorite was a single mom of two kids. When I had my business I would give a discount on labor if the client would donate the old stuff. I would take the parts and build viable systems that I would donate to families with kids that could not afford. She could not afford to pay anything and I didn't want any payment but she still paid. She baked the best zucchini bread I've ever tasted and I was given a loaf every week for many months. Sometimes appreciation is much more important than money. :)

Most reactions

Back