What am I gonna do with this thing

StanTheBetta

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I got this little thing from Petco thats like a critter creeper. I had a coupon and got it for free cuz I thought maybe I could use it but now I'm begining to wonder. The dimensions I read on the website were a lot bigger than what it actually is. Its 4" tall, 6" in length, and 3" deep so its pretty tiny. It holds about 1.18 liters or .31 US Gallons. What could I use it for? I've heard some people breed there own brine shrimp could I use this? otherwise what in the hell can you put in 1 liter of water? =\

I had a RCC that got sick from to high nitrite and he is in there now and we are putting him back in the tank. You can put sick pets in there. Sick fish or something

mrcrabbs said:
I had a RCC that got sick from to high nitrite and he is in there now and we are putting him back in the tank. You can put sick pets in there. Sick fish or something
It probably would be better to put a sick fish in a bigger tank than that.

buggyboutbettas said:
brine shrimp I guess. It was probably made for dumb betta owners :angry:
its not even a third of a gallon! :crazy:
DON"T PUT A SHRIMP IN THERE! :no:
they are happier in groups and that is very little room :S

i'm unsure what it looks like but when i first started out years ago i had a 1gallon bowl and my brother bought me a half gallon bowl
i now use the 1 gallon for salt bath and the 1/2 gallon bowl i put some soil into and turned it into a really pretty flower bowl :hyper:
it looks very nice
:D

EDIT: i just realized your a guy,
what a stupid idea :-(

sorry :blush:

You could keep brine shrimp (AKA sea monkeys) in there (I really dont think that they will notice the size seeing as how they are soooo very small) or even better daphnia. Just dont forget that you still need to do water changes thought (put a brine shrimp net over the siphon) In my LPS they submerge critter keepers in the bigger tanks for some fishie entertainment.

HTH

Pointy_kitty said:
buggyboutbettas said:
brine shrimp I guess. It was probably made for dumb betta owners :angry:

i'm unsure what it looks like but when i first started out years ago i had a 1gallon bowl and my brother bought me a half gallon bowl
i now use the 1 gallon for salt bath and the 1/2 gallon bowl i put some soil into and turned it into a really pretty flower bowl :hyper:
it looks very nice

Do you have any idea how big brine shrimp get?!? about 1.5mm FYI (and that's bigger than normal)! You could raise them in a jar if you want and have about 100 in there.
I've had brine shrimp before- FYI.

Oh and what does being a guy have anything to do with stupid ideas.

buggyboutbettas said:
Pointy_kitty said:
buggyboutbettas said:
brine shrimp I guess. It was probably made for dumb betta owners  :angry:

it looks very nice

Do you have any idea how big brine shrimp get?!? about 1.5mm FYI (and that's bigger than normal)! You could raise them in a jar if you want and have about 100 in there.
I've had brine shrimp before- FYI.

Oh and what does being a guy have anything to do with stupid ideas.
I think being a guy meant they might not fancy the flower pot idea!!

Also, (correct me if I'm wrong, pointy) I think pointy kitty got mixed up and thought you meant ghost shrimp or something, rather than teeny weeny brine shrimp. :nod:

buggyboutbettas said:
oooohhh. it makes sense now. thanks rsz for clearing things up. sorry for any misunderstandings, pointy kitty.
hahaha
yeah i was very overtired and trying to do my taxes and i kept getting distracted with the forum
i just skimmed through the other responses
i didn't read brine shrimp i just saw the word shrimp :*)
i'm such a goof
at least i got a good tax refund :D

EDIT oh yeah and BTW rsz was right about the flower pot thing, i just ment that i'm sure guys don't enjoy a good flower bowl as much as ladies do :lol:

lol yeah no flowers for me. I think using it for salt baths wasn't a bad idea but with any luck my fish won't get sick and need any salt baths. I like the idea of raising brine shrimp to feed to my fishes but I have no idea how and I assume I'd have to keep purchasing the brine shrimp eggs because I've heard its hard to raise brine shrimp to adult hood.

a betta :D

im kidding :D

you could try and raise brine shrimp in there, but you do have to keep the temperature steady and the like a bit of aeration as well.
But you caousl always give it a try :D

Most reactions

Back