We Need Dog Breeds

MisssMarie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So, my aunt adopted a shepherd mix from the shelter. However, the insurance places won't cover dobermans or shepherds or rotties or anything like that. We're trying to figure out what to pass her off as. Here's a link to her pic:

http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/Speedyheart/?action=view¤t=af8a593a.jpg&evt=user_media_share

We're thinking chocolate lab mix with ______

So, my aunt adopted a shepherd mix from the shelter. However, the insurance places won't cover dobermans or shepherds or rotties or anything like that. We're trying to figure out what to pass her off as. Here's a link to her pic:

http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/Speedyheart/?action=view¤t=af8a593a.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Would lave to say that looks very much like a brown version of my rottie and nothing like my great danes. Sorry that doesnt help.

You could try lab x malinois
Trying to think of something shepherd like to give the tan colouring.
There must be other insurance companies that will insure crossbreeds

he dosnt look very tall, but definately a good 80% rottie and possibly 20% staffy, there is most definatly and absolutely no shepherd in there what so ever, personally i would get another insurance company

The breeds we can't say:
German Shep
Rottie
Akita
Alaskan Malamute
Chow Chow
Doberman
Pit bull
Husky
Staffshire bull terrier

Those won't be accepted by most insurance

Would love to say that looks very much like a brown version of my rottie and nothing like my great danes. Sorry that doesnt help.

Would lave to say that looks very much like a brown version of my rottie and nothing like my great danes. Sorry that doesnt help.
why won't they accept a rottie. Mine does.

Hmm.... Yeah, all they said were those are no-no breeds so she's officially a chocolate lab x Belgian malinois

No chance mate, you cant hide that your dog has a rottie or bull breed in it!

If it comes to making an insurance claim and you have to send in photos/they take photos etc, your insurance will be voided. You will have been paying for insurance and they wont cover you as you lied to them.

Same as with car insurance, if you drive without an MOT, if you get picked up by police/in an accident, your insurance is void because you havent got an MOT for your car...

If you lie to your insurance company... it will come back to bite you on the #16#####!

Get a different insurance company!

We're great friends with the vet so they wrote her down as one, and that's all the company required, so, yeah...

Its all they required for you to apply for the insurance..

But if you make a claim and they believe your dog is one of their band species or a x breed of one, they can still void your insurance on the spot, nothing you can do.

Depends how much of a risk you want to take!

She passed the AKC good citizen test, and she's calm as can be, so, not too concerned about biting

I don't know why they wouldn't insure a crossbreed, after all with many crossbreeds you can't say for certain what crosses they are

Classic Kelpie (Australain Working Dog usually used for herding sheep) colouration, but yours is bulkier in the head and body. So ideally a Kelpie x Lab.

I am glad my pet insurance (and my home and contents insurance) doesn't avoid any dog breeds, just as well really because nearly every other person has a cattle dog x staffy or other combinations. And the next dog I hope to get is going to be an English Mastiff.

Most reactions

Back