WALMART, WALMART, WALMART........

I agree that we should do something! I think we should take pictures and post them in different places online showing people the cruelty. I went to Petco and one of their bank's water was green and the fish were all going crazy :crazy: ! There were about 5 dead fish in each of their tanks in that bank :sick: . I would be more than happy to take the pictures!!!!!!!!!!

fozzy_wozzy_woo said:
If someone asks what you are doing just say you are making a short advertisement of the shop because Uncle Fozzy in Holland doesn’t believe that Wal-Mart can be so big and good.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well,
maybe I will begin to make a site for this........and come up with some available domain names, any ideas on the names?

Examples:

www.nofishforwalmart.com

www.boycottwalmartfish.com

These are just examples of some different domain names.

If someone out there is serious about helping this cause then maybe they could be in charge of collecting pictures (hopefully in .jpeg or .gif extentions) and they could collect quotes with dates and whatever. I will begin the site soon and when we figure out a domain name and then check to see if it is available, I will register it and put the site up to the server so all can see and give suggestions and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism :wub: :lol: .

What do you guys think....are there any PASSIONATE people out there? Or is this a lost cause?

Silver
:*

Passion is hardly difficult to find now a days... its dedication, commitment... Im sure you could find thousands to help you with your cause for 10 minutes, but they probably will weaken at the boycot and run in for a soda.

I disagree. The Big Al's by me has an excellent reputation in the area and is the only place I buy fish. There tanks are immaculate and the service is great

I wish the ones where i lived were like that . They are both (north york and scarborough) horrible stores, with useless employees and sickly and poorly bred fish :angry:

Adrinal,
Commitment and dedication will get you far in this world, but those commited and dedicated people will have FAR less fun than the passionate person would and would feel far less fulfilled with what they are doing and experiencing in life.

Passion is something that DRIVES a person to be commited and dedicated. Without passion you are dull, contented easily and go on lifeless quests. I agree that a passionate person's "passion" does burn down, and what is left is commitment and dedication, but there is always a flame burning beneath the "passionate" person keeping him/her on thier toes and keeps them excited with life and their job. This feeds their soul and keeps them from drowning in it.

I feel "Passionately" about this idea and I hope anyone who wants to be a part of it will also be a passionate person.......with a little camera and software sense to boot! In fact, I am "passionate" about most things in my life and yes I go a little crazy now and again.

Silver
:/

Ya know...posts like this make me mad! :grr: I live in a community were we don't have a mom & pop local fish store. I have said this many times before. The only place I have is the big chain stores. Just because conditions are bad in your area, doesn't mean that they are everyplace else as well. Where else do you expect me to go if you accomplish what you hope? (Which I highly doubt.)

I love this hobby!! It's the only thing that I have that makes me stand out with people. "You have fish tanks, that's so cool!"

You know you can be arrested for taking pictues in wal-mart? Or video for that matter? I worked in a wal-mart for 3 years, they even yelled at kids just fooling around taking pictures of themselves.

If you don't like the conditions, then don't shop there!

Tiff

55gallondude said:
I send peta an email im still waiting for a reply
Don't be surprised if you don't get one :/ . . . or get one several months later. It's too easy for them simply to ignore the email and pretend they never received it. It's better to call the store and speak to the manager if you feel strongly about this.

it all depends on the manager too, if he's cheap or not

whats your zip FWG? PLZ not your address!!! just your zip or even a zip neer you. I bet I can find a dozzen stores within 1 hour ... well it is ohio 5 stores... I do recall 80 miles next exit signs... still lets see... zip away.

Freshwater Gal,
You said the following:

If you don't like the conditions, then don't shop there!

To some of us, just NOT shopping there isn't really an answer for us. I know that Walmart will never stop selling fish and that is a sad thing because they have taken over the REST of the economy and now fish too. You have your perogative to shop thier all you want, but I don't have to and you're completely right I DON'T!!! I wouldn't buy my fish there if I was paid to. I make it a practice not to shop at Walmart at all. I try and give back to the community, not to WALMART!!!

Anyhow, if you are so sure that we will make no difference in this world when it comes to Walmart and thier icky fish practices then why are you so upset? I didn't ask you to come in here and get your blood pressure a'pumping. One good reason not to shop at Walmart is how they treat their fish. If you opened your eyes a eensy weensy bit wider than they are then you'd realize that you could drive a little further to buy fish somewhere else or use a credit card or get a check card from your bank and shop via internet for fish or maybe even breed your own.

Where do you live?? I bet I could find a store within a 60 minute drive from your house. I'm serious, no fooling around :/

But as far as this quest against Walmart is concerned I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch just yet. I haven't had any volunteers to help out so we'll see. And as far as taking pictures is concerned.... :grr: I'm pretty darn good at taking pictures in stores. I've had to do it before and this would be no different. Heck, you won't find a competant "fish" employee anywhere around when you need one anyways.

Silver
:*

PS. The following was a really sweet thing to say by the way:
Where else do you expect me to go if you accomplish what you hope? (Which I highly doubt.)

First take pictures then report them to the R.S.P.C.A (Royal society of prevention to cruelty to Animals) Or whatever you have instead of that in the States. They'll have somthing to say about that!! 8)

Boycott them, as well. If none of us buy anything, and we advise everyone we know not to shop there, then who will be left to keep them in business?

Besides, did you know that Sam Walmart's family are four of the ten richest people in the U.S.?

If Walmart is lowering their prices every day, why aren't things for sale there free yet?

because theyre a bunch of idiots that care aboot lowering prices and lounging around instead of taking care of the fish they feed them flakes once a-day :sick:

Most reactions

Back