Walking Aoyama (45cm Tank)

My filter is Eheim 2224 which is 700L/hr!
That is simply amazing ! I am stunned to think (and almost ashamed to say) that that's the filter I run on my 180 litre :/ (and to think I thought that was pretty good :lol: )

I thought the same when I added my Eheim 2211 to my nano, now I know its not to big and it's only 300l/h!

Hi and welcome Justin. Your tank is amazing... methinks I'm going to have to do some reading on who you are... people around here seem to know something I dont. :shifty:

:hi: - WOW the photos are stunning, love the pearling picture. Hope you can pass on some tips on the photography side? (trust me i need it)

:hi: - WOW the photos are stunning, love the pearling picture. Hope you can pass on some tips on the photography side? (trust me i need it)

I didn't even think of that. I love getting new tips.

What sort of a camera do you use?

I hope Justin doesn't mind me posting these pictures from his online photo thingy...

30_3_2005.jpg

to....

IMG_2486.jpg

amazing!!!! :sick: subline aquascaping and skills!

Jen

For the final photography, I would like to remove all the hardware inside my tank. Surely, taking that final photos, i would like to clean my whole tank before I take them(e.g. clean all the green spot on glass, cut some aquaplant).
I would like to use a tripod, a digital camera, switch off all the lights at my room, adding a T5(blue) at the backside of my tank, so that a blue sky will be there!
My equipment is Canon EOS 350D with 17-40 F4L lens. I didn't use flash, just use the tank lights. :)

I think I live underneath a rock! No, I definitely live underneath a rock. Can't believe I missed this thread. That tank is absolutely stunning.

Welcome aboard, Justin. :hi:

Hi JustinLaw....I wanted to welcome you to our forum. After looking at various photos of your tanks, it is quite obvious that you have a wonderful talent for bringing beauty to aquariums. I honestly think that those are some of the most beautful creations I have seen in the aquarium world. Thanks for joining our forum. I hope you'll make this place a second home. We'd all benefit from it. Welcome. SH

Welcome Justin, youre a legend. On a scale from 1 to 10 your tanks are about a 78132846557832164981456546124218643721437512673456299999999

I am really surprise that you guys like my tanks so much! I am really happy!

I like to share my experience with all of you!

For the tank, I would like to take the photo by time to time, see the plants grow, see any changes......see where I need to care more, where should I need to cut the plants, etc!

I think photograpghy of the tank play an important role. So learning how to take a good tank photos is needed! Only switch on/ off the room light, there would be a big difference for the final photo. Because it affects the White balance, it will also defeat the total amount of light, so the shutter speed will be affected too.

The ripple efect is made by hair-dryer! And the blue background is removed, just leave the glass cube alone. So T5 light and a white wall(4 inchs behind the tank) can create that effect!

Justin

I have only just really begun realise the importance of photography with regards aquascaping.

Thanks for sharing your tips with us.

I am very pleased that you are happy with the responses, although I am not surprised at all. Your work is exceptional and the vast majority of us have never seen anything like it on such a personal level. Thanks again for sharing, I hope to see more of your work soon.

For your interest here are my attempts at photography and aquascaping, please do not laugh! - http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=134067

George

Justin:

Thanks for your tips on photography. Looking at the pictures showing how the aquascape was built up over time has also given me a lot of insight into its creation.

What is the black substrate that you have used and in the Aoyama aquascape how have you managed to keep the black substrate from mixing with the sand? How do you get the substrate to retain its slope, etc.?

Welcome to the forum Justin! Your tanks are simply amazing. :hyper:

I also wanted to thank you for your tips on Photography. I don't have a "true" planted tank myself, but I found it helpful just for overall tank pictures too! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back