New Member, New Nano

Thanks for all the comments, il update the thread as things progress, early next week il have the rest of the plants and the MH working, so things should get intresting :D

James

very nice looking tank, i am so jealous, may i ask where did you get those bogwood? why all the wood i have are chunky :-(

may i ask where did you get those bogwood?

Sure, www.aquaessentials.co.uk

My light bulb came today for the MH, and i just got it setup and running, very happy :)

Conviently, the way i have it sitting means that most of the light is directed to the back of the tank, so the stems get most of the light while the anubias and moss does not get that intense lighting. The Didiplis also arrived today, and thats been planted along with the wallichi, so now the tank is fully planted up :D

Given two pictures, one with the new light and one from up above,

top1.jpg

front1.jpg

Going to get some shrimp in there soon too to start up the cleaning,

James

looks really good so far, look forward to updates as I am trying to achieve something similar...

Looking great so far.
Can't wait for the shrimp. What species are you getting?

Thanks,

Shrimp will be a mix of tiger & amanos

Quick update

FRONT1.jpg

SIDE1.jpg

FISSIDEN1.jpg

Plants growing rapidly :D Not very straight in those pictures as the MH just came on.

James

First class little set up James. Looking forward to some arty farty pics with all the gubbings out of the tank.

I noticed you have mentioned Didiplis diandra and Rotala sp. "Nanjenshan" for this tank, so do you reckon you could ID this plant for me? I bought it thinking it was Didiplis, but it turns out that it is probably Rotala:

Cropped018pb.jpg

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers Dave. Il have the ADA mini lily pipes this week, with an eheim 2211 and hydor external heater so you wont see much soon :D

As for the plant, looks like a rotala, i would say more nanjenshan rather than green due to the red shoots coming through. Nice picture ;)

James

great looking tank there, are just shrimps living in there?
hundreds of species of shrimps, cherry, tiger, bumble bee, amano, ghost etc etc
well done overall, lovely tank, look forward to see it all finished.

Thanks Fishboy,

Il probably stick with just tiger and amanos, i may add a few fish soon too but not thought that far ahead yet.. :)

James

Thanks for the ID James.

Just my opinion on the path in your tank, but I think it would look better if you couldn`t see through to the other side of the tank along it.

ADA lily pipes eh? I was tempted by them a while back, but couldn`t face breaking them, so I went half way and bought the Cal Aqua glass inlet and outlet from AE.

Dave.

No prob,

See your point re the path, but things should get nicely overgrown soon so it should take the edge off it a bit.

Yep mini lily pipes, looking forward to them and getting rid of the heater / ugly eden pipes at the back..Got some of those Cal Aqua pipes too :D

James

Most reactions

Back