Urgent Plz Help!

well now we know what happened....

Sakura knows that shes allergic to the fish toxins, and her marine tanks are right next to each other. She likes to save time by draining all the tanks in the room at the same time, then using the hose from the sink to fill them back up (or a pump from the bucket). She was doing something in the tank next to her lionfish, and a little fish in the nemo tank got scared and jumped over. So Sakura stuck her net in there trying to grab the fish before it was lunch and the lionfish got her instead.

Instead of calling an ambulance like a normal person, she ran through the house trying to shut off the hoses for the tanks. By the time she made it back upstairs she stopped to grab a bucket and fill it with some of the saltwater from the garbage can, and wass going to take it into the kitchen. She couldnt work her hand enough to get the lid off the can so she took the water out of the tank itself. Which is why she was soaking wet when we found her.

The doctors will let her have her computer in the hospital in a few days, so shell be back soon. Maybe she'll listen to all of you better then me. I want her to get rid of the lionfish. It could have killed her! Maybe you could convince her to want to do something else with that tank......anything else!

....maybe give the tank to me and that will be my fishy start lol LOL

**Edit** Oh everythings good today, they are still staring at me, but I have to get her dogs to the vet for THEIR visits, her bird needs its wings clipped, and her cat keeps bringing me dead mice.....so Ill be out till late tonight LOL

Well thats brilliant news! And I have to agree with she should of called an ambulance! But at least she is better, and I'm sure she will re-join us in no time.

Now your turn, are you going to join us? Maybe with you own account, own fish, own ways of doing things?

And Thank You! Not only on behalf of Sakura *although I'm sure she has already said it*, but her fish, her cat, her dogs and her bird, you were really thrown in at the deep end here, but you did the right thing in asking for help, and doing your best for all of her animals, and by the sounds of it, you have done a brilliant job!

D.

I've been following the thread and you deserve big thanks, hugs, cheers and all good stuff for what you are doing.
I don't know if it's the same in the US but here in the UK if you have a known allergic reaction that could lead to anaphylactic shock you can be prescribed an Epi-Pen to keep with you.
Then if you get stung by a bee, accidentally eat a peanut, or whatever is your allergen you can administer a shot (I think it's adrenaline) right away to reduce (or even eliminate) the allergic reaction.
Just a thought that might be worth her investigating if she is keeping fish that she has known allergies to.

Once again big props to you for all your hard work and for being such an awesome friend.

I've been following the thread and you deserve big thanks, hugs, cheers and all good stuff for what you are doing.
I don't know if it's the same in the US but here in the UK if you have a known allergic reaction that could lead to anaphylactic shock you can be prescribed an Epi-Pen to keep with you.
Then if you get stung by a bee, accidentally eat a peanut, or whatever is your allergen you can administer a shot (I think it's adrenaline) right away to reduce (or even eliminate) the allergic reaction.
Just a thought that might be worth her investigating if she is keeping fish that she has known allergies to.

Once again big props to you for all your hard work and for being such an awesome friend.

the only antidotes in the uk for lionfish venom, are at bristol zoo. if it was more availabe i would buy one

Oh definitely!!!

Im starting to like the little guys.... but Im going to need A LOT of research before I take the plunge.... I think I want to start out tropical, Im kinda scared of the huge marine tanks.... and I think I like the way her planted tanks look. Ill start reading all about starting a new tank when I get home tonight, and Im sure Sakura will help me out too...

It is indeed adrenaline. I usually carry one as I am allergic to bees.

Hopefully things will return to normal soon for Sukara.

Well done to you, you have been doing an excellent job so far, as to the CO2 system, i am not sure what she means by 'redo it' because on a pressurized kit, these are the procedures that need to be done:

*check drop checker, it should be green in colour, although you shouldnt have to worry too much about this because it is constantly set at the same level.
*check the gauges - PSI should be around 50-60, Bar should be around 1.5-2
*change the cannister, this only needs doing once the PSI drops very low, and TBH i would leave it for Sakara to do, pressurized systems can be dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.
*See if the diffuser/ reactor is clean of algae and debris. She may use a glass diffuser in which case if there is a large amount of algae build up on the disc, then pour on some bleach and leave for 5 mins, rinse thoroughly, then add some dechlorinator onto the disk for another 5 mins, rinse off and place back in the tank - a fine smoke will be produced for a few hours so dont be worried.

I dont think there is anything else that needs to be done, as you can see from the list, there isnt really anything that needs 're-doing'

Hope that helps, good luck and best wishes to Sakara :)

the only antidotes in the uk for lionfish venom, are at bristol zoo. if it was more availabe i would buy one

there are avaiable from them, not they are the only one who has them.

alot of hospitals will have them

epipen will not do any good, as this is the outcome of poisining not anaphylaxis!

Unless she also has an additional CO2 system like this? click

Ive been looking through her tanks again, and I do see a soda bottle hooked to some of the smaller planted tanks. Could that be what she meant? The big tank has the big canister, but bottles are all hooked up to the others...I didnt mention them because I had no idea, so a yeast mixture is it? Should I make a mixture, is there a special formula needed? Id really like to have each of her tanks up and running perfectly for when she comes home, I dont want her to try to do anything herself...If its as simple as that site made it sound then i can do it. LOL though its likely that its not that simple....So just check the potential leak points and make up the right amount of yeast stuff.

Oh and for christmas I plan on getting that antidote for her if I can LOL...if she wont give u the fish then she WILL keep it at hand at all times!

And one more question....I cant find her lobster. Its a blue lobster about 4 inches long, and its not in its tank.....please tell me that its not running around here somewhere, loose in the house....or the cat most likely got it.....theyre not dangerous right? so if i see it i can just grab it like a big lobster for eating and stuff it back in its tank? right?

If she already has the Bottles and whatnot, the yeast/sugar should be a breeze to refill. Here is a link to a thread on making the DIY setup with instructions on yeast to sugar ratio. Lobsters are notorious escape artists...check your shoes! Yeah, if you find him just grab him like you would a large lobster and chuck him back in the tank.

Oh good LOL...I thought this was going to be hard...

Should I be washing the bottles out? no right? *just in case in not going to* oh and something in/near two of her freshwater tanks is banging. It almost sounds like something hitting the glass, but I dont see anything moving around in there to do that....but it is keeing time with the bubbles coming out of a bubbler decoration she caved in and bought for the kids she babysits...Its one of those dragon things from petsmart that the kids HAD to have....Its in the bedroom, and it kept me up all today as I tried to catch a nap.....God I miss sleep....Oh wow its already 1 oclock.....ugh....

So im making up the yeast sugar stuff, all the heaters are on and covered, the filters are filtering, the lights are all off for the night, the bubblers are bubbling, and I still cant find the lobster. So I have ....4 hours to sleep before work, so I bid you all a good night/day depending on where you are!

Most reactions

Back