Urg I Got Mouth Full Of Fish Water When Using Gravel Vac

I know been where you have and its not nice.
I've lost fish that I cared about. Just have to do the best you can.

RIP wonky (catfish )

noticed a neon tetra today has virtually lost its colour looking very grey ?

its day2 now since i added new meds for worms ...... do i do 80% total water changes now to remove meds or do they stay in water ?

RIP norbit (shrimp) just passed after finnishing message .x

R.I.P. Bless Him.
If it dosn't say in the med instructions to run some black carbon the water change should be enough.
The med probably dosn't work after a day or two so dosn't need carbon to remove it.

Does it say to do a 80% water change after two days.

it says a water change of at least 80% must be carried out after 2 days (or during treatment if the water gets cloudy) .

2nd application can be done three weeks later.

If the 2 days are up yes do a water change. I usually go by the time I added the med.

thanks i will wait till 2moro then as it will be 2days after the meds . that way i can do a 40% water change in the morning and 40% change around teatime.

wondering what else if anything i can do . i have added a airpump to see if it helps. probably clutching at straws i no.

guppies in both tanks have spent the day fighting rather viciously ,normally no probs with them so wondering why but at the same time the glowlights tetras are frantically trying to

mate so i guess amongst all the sadness in the tank love is still in the air.

Guppys are funny fish arent they. One minute getting on well the next fighting.
Might be the med making them abit stressed.

big thanks wilder youve been a star with the help and advice and care youve given me and my little fishes x

You need abit of support when fish are dying and more than one tank. Its gets you down.
Not nice watching fish die.
Keep us updated on there progress.

thanks

i did a 50% water change this morning and a 30 % this evening ,

still alot of flicking in the tank,and quite a few fish hiding .

that white stuff is back in the tank again which is strange as done water changes it looks like a cross between a dandelion that you blow as a kid and a spiders web ?

any ideas what this is ?

stop feeding for the next 2 days white stuff will go this is usually due to the fact that the fish are not eating all the food and a fungus then grows to use the nutrient

i guess it makes sense fungus growing from left overs as fish have tb and some type of worms/parasites so some spitting out of food,

i did reduce the amount of food given as some was being wasted and tok anything out that i could see was being left ,

but is it ok to stop feeding altogether as if they have tb they hungry as they're starving ,

so will i lessen their chances of surviving ?

update another guppy seems to be struggling he' lying on bottom of tank mouth constantly open , when i thought he'd gone he got up and swam off , but was back down later,

do i leave him be see if he can make it or am i prolonging his suffering ?

also last shrimp left has shed his skin but he's not doing too well either today he keeps falling on his side.

Most reactions

Back