Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

You essentially said that because God didn’t make bettas with fancy fins, people have the right to treat the, badly.
i'm just saying that you basically said that god created bettas that everyone knows and love (the colorful, long fin fish that are kept in cups in pet stores). you said that we are entrusted in caring bettas because that is god's creation or workings.

the whole god creating/breeding bettas with bright colors, long fins, and aggression isn't entirely true. humans were involved in crossing different species of bettas to create certain phenotypes and aggression. never had i said anything relating to animal cruelty.

Last edited:
No it’s not a joke , my daughters are mermaids !and I take them out of water and deny them of water changes ....
Well, that's Okay. Mermaids can breathe air, and they have arms so they can do their own water changes. About time these kids started pulling their weight around here, anyway.

(and with mermaids, I guess the expression "pulling their weight" can be taken a bit more literally than with the rest of us)

Maybe a new unpopular opinion regarding fish?

Global warming is real, and it's a problem for fish (and all life).

I can't stand when people treat it like the tooth fairy and pretend it's make believe.

Never had any problems? Curiosity.
Many many years ago I had guppies in a goldfish tank (I was given them). I found a goldfish choking as it attempted to swallow a guppy head first. It was too big and was stuck. It took some getting out of the goldie's mouth, but remarkably both fish survived. I thought I might save to goldie but fully expected to lose the guppy (just because of the way his gills opened - I thought they would open and tear). However, I got him out and got another tank PDQ.

I can't stand when people treat it like the tooth fairy and pretend it's make believe.
Hear, hear.

Real and terrifying - especially for the young.

Many many years ago I had guppies in a goldfish tank (I was given them). I found a goldfish choking as it attempted to swallow a guppy head first. It was too big and was stuck. It took some getting out of the goldie's mouth, but remarkably both fish survived. I thought I might save to goldie but fully expected to lose the guppy (just because of the way his gills opened - I thought they would open and tear). However, I got him out and got another tank PDQ.

I'd freak out! I started cleaning a bass one time and found a small crappie halfway down his throat, and it was still alive! So I swayed him in the water a bit until he took off.

Very real, Question how much of it is man made and how much is natural warming. Is the man made portion due to burning carbon fuels or is it due to deforestation.

Very real, Question how much of it is man made and how much is natural warming. Is the man made portion due to burning carbon fuels or is it due to deforestation.

True. But, in regards to natural warming:

There's also the question of how human-variables influence natural warming effects (such as methane being released at an accelerated rate from soil destabilization after mass deforestation occurs).

I think inadvertant side effects like these are the bigger threat to the natural world - but don't get as much attention as needed since it's not a direct influence.

True. But, in regards to natural warming:

There's also the question of how human-variables influence natural warming effects (such as methane being released at an accelerated rate from soil destabilization after mass deforestation occurs).

I think inadvertant side effects like these are the bigger threat to the natural world - but don't get as much attention as needed since it's not a direct influence.
True. I also watched a program that had a hot air balloon with some monitoring gear on it flying of industrial cities in America. They had been researching for like twenty years, the cities with a clean air program the surface temperature had risen because of the lack of pollutants. They were saying that the clean air policies are contributing to global warming. Which I thought was interesting

Well, that's Okay. Mermaids can breathe air, and they have arms so they can do their own water changes. About time these kids started pulling their weight around here, anyway.

(and with mermaids, I guess the expression "pulling their weight" can be taken a bit more literally than with the rest of us)
Hahahaha I’m just raising lazy mermaids

Most reactions

Back