Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

Surely no matter how well you look after an animal it’s partly cruel , let’s face it as humans we play “god” and is that so bad , I don’t know anymore

Surely no matter how well you look after an animal it’s partly cruel , let’s face it as humans we play “god” and is that so bad , I don’t know anymore
That statement is not accurate... if the animals are properly cared for, why is it cruelty?

That statement is not accurate... if the animals are properly cared for, why is it cruelty?
Ok if I come and take you and put you in a cage but provide you with everything you could possible need plus more , is that not cruel ? Wouldn’t you still rather have freedom of choice even if that lead to a life not as long or prosperous

Ok if I come and take you and put you in a cage but provide you with everything you could possible need plus more , is that not cruel ? Wouldn’t you still rather have freedom of choice even if that lead to a life not as long or prosperous
So you’re saying that prison is cruel and inhumane? That’s literally what you just said...

So you’re saying that prison is cruel and inhumane? That’s literally what you just said...
How is that what I said? You are not a criminal, I would be taking you as a pet not a punishment, prisons are a place to put people who have broken man made laws and are deemed to society as unfit to be among them , what I’m saying is no matter the animal human or fish to be taken from your natural habitat and placed in an artificial habitat how ever accurate or well it is kept is cruel as a punishment ok we have accepted that man has power over man and conform , but yeah a wrongly convicted prisoner is the same as a fish being taken out of its river and put in a tank

I don’t encourage taking wild fish from a body of water and putting them in a tank.

If you put 8 rummy nose tetras in a 10g tank, that’s cruelty, because the tank is just to small. If you put them in a 55g however, it’s perfectly alright. If they are well fed, heated, and there tank is clean.

If you think it’s cruel, why are you on TFF and why do you keep fish?

I don’t encourage taking wild fish from a body of water and putting them in a tank.

If you put 8 rummy nose tetras in a 10g tank, that’s cruelty, because the tank is just to small. If you put them in a 55g however, it’s perfectly alright. If they are well fed, heated, and there tank is clean.

If you think it’s cruel, why are you on TFF and why do you keep fish?
I keep animals because I can and that’s a simple answer I’m not going to be Bono and claim that I’m protecting animals and helping the world cus I’m not, we are all humans playing god with other animals just some of us know this

I keep animals because I can and that’s a simple answer I’m not going to be Bono and claim that I’m protecting animals and helping the world cus I’m not, we are all humans playing god with other animals just some of us know this
That’s twisted logic.

I don't think it's twisted logic, it's pointing out that we've decided where the line is. And differing people have differing lines, and saying your line is better than someone elses is no different than some one else saying theirs is better than yours.
Bottom line is we keep fish and pets for ourselves, not for the animals we are keeping.
(Though true there are some species where our husbandry has come about from a mutually beneficial standpoint.)

I hope that's supposed to be a joke . . . :mad:
Exactly...

Maybe but I’m not living in a fairytale world where I convince myself captive animals isn’t cruel
So you just admitted you are a cruel person, and you are being cruel “because I can”, that’s... lovely...

People do this?

My God - that's just brutal! I wouldn't do it to anything - not even Demonic Scummings!
Yes, it is brutal. I have never witnessed it firsthand, but I have heard horror stories. To most people, bettas are just cheap entertainment - to me, they are family, wonderful, beautiful creatures, entrusted to us by God.

Most reactions

Back