Thinking Of Starting A Tank Again!

I wonder if something is wrong with our tanks. We have the same kind but the water surface doesn't move at all.

Water surface movement is basically all about how the filter moves it - where the outflow from the filter is pointing.  You can point it up or you can point it more down... depends on what you want to do.

I pointed to the surface as to get surface movement for the cycle process.

That's a good idea.

If you want even more movement, you can lower the water level a bit to cause more 'splashing' as it returns as well.

I thought of that, but it will make too much noise. Being in my bedroom, I'm a very lite sleeper I wakeup to any small noises.

Well yes, it is louder that way.  :lol:

Tonight's test...

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

I added ammonia 5 drops, will report tomorrow. :)

Today i tested the water. I have not removed the carbon yet but I will be replacing it with BioMax (same as the lower chamber int he filter)

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5.0

Is that within 24 hours since you dosed with ammonia?

If so, looks like you're finally cycled .......

I added Ammonia the 19th (5 drops), i let it sit till today. So its a little over 24hrs?

If i'am cycled do i do a water change, (ive not done one so those white things floating still)
and can i add plants, fish, remove the carbon?

I'm in the chatroom :)

You can add plants anytime.

I would add the plants now, let the tank settle, as planting can make a little mess of substrate and debris, add one more dose of ammonia and if clears all ammonia in similar time, 24 hours or less, you're cycled then do a BIG water change, as much as possible, you're done :)

Finally, add fish  ;)

BTW sorry, no time for going into chat, going to cinema to wat Secret Life of Pets :p

Okay i will add 5 drops of Ammonia this afternoon and test in 24hr :)

Most reactions

Back