The Official "hey Lovelies" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my Hillstream Loaches is a jerk :D They're fine in the tank minding their own business but when I add an algae wafer to the tank they go nuts. They dont mind any fish near them EXCEPT for my poor Corys who get chased all around the tank :D They stop eventually though and find another piece somewhere else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Welaz4w5gW8

Those guys are awesome dude! I never saw Hillstream Locahes before..........thanks! :good:
They're neat when I saw their tank at the LFS I knew I needed them. I looked them up and they dont really get any bigger then they are now. They're best for mature tanks though not freshly setup ones. They need high oxygen and prefer a stream current since their native home is well... streams. They work in tropical but apparently their best suited for colder water tanks. I got 3 and they were fine for weeks unfortunately we found one of them dead the other day no idea why :/

Eugh imagine how many water changes you'd have to miss for your tank to be "brown and stinky" :sick:

Hey Lovelies!
Glad all seems well in Lovelyland.
Haven't been on in a while. Nothin' happenin'. All well with my fishies.
Just had guppy time and now it's Breakin' Bad time. :cool:

Hey lovelies...

So my mum's accountant rung earlier and I picked the phone up because my mum was at work... She was then asking me when my mum was going to get home from work so she could ring back, as I was about to tell her what time to ring back, I proceeded to trip over the phone wire and then go flying across the room. The worst part was, I could hear the accountant practically wetting herself laughing on the other end of the phone. I hung up I was so embarrased. :/

Gotta laugh though, right? :fun: :fun: :fun:

One of my Hillstream Loaches is a jerk :D They're fine in the tank minding their own business but when I add an algae wafer to the tank they go nuts. They dont mind any fish near them EXCEPT for my poor Corys who get chased all around the tank :D They stop eventually though and find another piece somewhere else

Those guys are awesome dude! I never saw Hillstream Locahes before..........thanks! :good:
They're neat when I saw their tank at the LFS I knew I needed them. I looked them up and they dont really get any bigger then they are now. They're best for mature tanks though not freshly setup ones. They need high oxygen and prefer a stream current since their native home is well... streams. They work in tropical but apparently their best suited for colder water tanks. I got 3 and they were fine for weeks unfortunately we found one of them dead the other day no idea why :/

Yeah that "current" thing isn't good with my Gouramis or I'd be getting some of those pronto. They're like little Plecos for Asian tanks. I guess I'll have to get Kuhlis instead.

EDIT: Spelled "Asian" wrong.... :rolleyes:

Hey Lovelies!
Glad all seems well in Lovelyland.
Haven't been on in a while. Nothin' happenin'. All well with my fishies.
Just had guppy time and now it's Breakin' Bad time. :cool:

Hey Fintastic! Long time no hear.....Glad to hear your fish are doing well. :good:

Don't be such a stranger

Hey fintastic! where you been hiding? :sly:

Hey, do you guys think that if I get a second female sparkling gourami, the aggression would cease and/or die down a little?
I'm only a little concerned because I feel like the third sparkler won't be able to carve out a territory and be bullied

Hey fintastic! where you been hiding? :sly:

Hey, do you guys think that if I get a second female sparkling gourami, the aggression would cease and/or die down a little?
I'm only a little concerned because I feel like the third sparkler won't be able to carve out a territory and be bullied

Add 2 females at the same time. This way they have each other in a way. If one's getting bullied you can always return her.

Hey lovelies.
One of my pregnant female yellow pingus died today :(
I now have 3 males and 1 pregnant female. I think it may have been a miscarriage :( may just take the best male and put him in with the female then have the other 2 males in my main tank :/

Yeah that "current" thing isn't good with my Gouramis or I'd be getting some of those pronto. They're like little Plecos for Asian tanks. I guess I'll have to get Kuhlis instead.

EDIT: Spelled "Asian" wrong.... :rolleyes:
I got all three in my tank :D but I guess its large enough to keep them happy

I got all three in my tank :D but I guess its large enough to keep them happy

My tanks are all already overstocked, I'll have the 75 gallon of my dreams sooner or later........

Hey Lovelies!
I got a new Betta today, a Dragonscale Plakat! Bad pictures so far but here's "Igor" anyway:

DSCN2106.jpg

DSCN2108.jpg

DSCN2111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back