The Most Overstocked Tank On Fleabay?

Poor things! I've seen quite a few overcrowded tanks in my shopping adventures on Craigslist, but nothing that comes close to this!
crazy.gif

Poor fish - some people just don't take the time to learn - very sad for the fish

Imagine being stuck in a shower cubicle with you and two other people, you's have to eat sleep and walk about in it and do the toilet. Poor fish if I was closer I would rehome some of the fish.

Although I wouldnt call the RSPCA, with them having £120million in the bank and putting tens of thousands of dogs down a year because they take up to much resources, they wouldnt even take a look at the fish, you'll be wasting your time.

Oh wow.
That is just... How can you think that's okay?
People never fail to shock me.

im not too far away, but my tank couldnt hold that lot... although the mil has a tank that could and only has endler/guppies in... i doubt she would buy it though
sad.png

Not if she wanted to keep the guppies and endlers - the oscar wouldn't take long to polish them off.

That is absolutley shocking. I have a slight inkling of sympathy for to seller because he clearly has no idea about fish care and has just gone and bought himself a marine set-up. I hope he's got deep pockets

If you buy from them, it encourages them to keep on what they're doing. Like buying from a store that recommends buying feeder fish for large carnivores or buying mollies/whatever to cycle a tank.

I dont think most people realise just how big Oscars grow. they see them small in the shop and just buy without any research :-(

'has been extremely well looked after - you can see this by looking at the fish!'

​If it was not so sad i would almost find that quite amusing.

Edit: I see they have relisted it after getting no bids but without the fish, not sure whether to be worried or not.......

Quote: "Black with intelligent heater + fish!"

Too bad the seller isn't as intelligent as the heater.... :( Poor fish.....

Edit: I see they have relisted it after getting no bids but without the fish, not sure whether to be worried or not.......

There were actually two bids on it. Looks like the seller withdrew.

they were more than likely told by a pet shop that it was acceptable, they have obviously looked after it well and is just uneducated in fishkeeping.

It is a bad thing that Ebay allows the sale of fully stocked tanks, individual fish yes, but complete set ups like this are just wrong. Most likely the seller had a few rather strong e-mails and hopefully he/she just took all the fish to a local shop and left them there, I say hopefully because keeping those fish in that tiny tank, I dont even really want to think of what they did with them.

Most reactions

Back