Tank Busters

LOL!! an angel would too large for me so I'll just keep on my private "no go" list then!

purple_drazi said:
LOL!! an angel would too large for me so I'll just keep on my private "no go" list then!
lol, I had it one my "no" list for awhile, but now I've got two and I love them. But then again, I do have a tank large enough.

actually i read somewere were thses wild angelfish get to be like 18 inches.

also giant gouramis get quite large as well.

A lot of the catfish species can get pretty darn big too.

I think it's common that I've seen ppl at the lfs sell unknowing customers:

columbian sharks - 10''
puffers - excluding dwarfs - example farhaka puffers (1'8'')
oscars
and some plecs

tekknocolor said:
I think it's common that I've seen ppl at the lfs sell unknowing customers:

columbian sharks - 10''
puffers - excluding dwarfs - example farhaka puffers (1'8'')
oscars
and some plecs
Yeah I'm always seeing people buy a 20 gallon tank and their first fish (such as a oscar) in one trip :crazy:

Same here... I'll even admit that before when I was a fish newb I fell for the bala shark trick. There should be an act that the seller must inform the buyer of the max size the fish will get - just as a precaution. It's not fair to the buyer or the fish :( :no:

I know research is the key to successful fishkeeping now, but starting the hobby - I didn't know what to expect and it was trial by error.

tekknocolor said:
Same here... I'll even admit that before when I was a fish newb I fell for the bala shark trick. There should be an act that the seller must inform the buyer of the max size the fish will get - just as a precaution. It's not fair to the buyer or the fish :( :no:
Yeah in my early fish keeping days I pulled some stupid stuff, thankfully all my fish still survied. :flex:
I'm sure the LFS just loves me to come in there and talk newbies out of buying some of the stuff that they shouldn't :lol:

LoachLover said:
tekknocolor said:
Same here... I'll even admit that before when I was a fish newb I fell for the bala shark trick.  There should be an act that the seller must inform the buyer of the max size the fish will get - just as a precaution.  It's not fair to the buyer or the fish  :(  :no:
Yeah in my early fish keeping days I pulled some stupid stuff, thankfully all my fish still survied. :flex:
I'm sure the LFS just loves me to come in there and talk newbies out of buying some of the stuff that they shouldn't :lol:
I went to wal-mart one night with my fiance to get a new net and this woman was being tricked into getting some goldfish with some tropical fish *note: it was a 10gal tank* :crazy: I stopped the employee and told them to not tell any more customers that because it's wrong and they just sentenced all those fish to death. :*) That may have been a little harsh, but it got my point across. I started explaining to the woman why it was wrong and then she asked for my phone number so she could call me while setting up her tank! -_- I told her that I didn't give out my phone number to strangers, but rather pointed her to expertise of books for beginners. All you can do is hope you helped that person and informed the employee to learn their facts.

Most reactions

Back