Stocking Opitons?

Sounds Awesome and how many shrimp do you think i should get? i had five ghost shrimp in my last tank but my barbs ate them . would i have this problem this time

I don't think that you will have the same problems, the only fish I could see that would cause any harm are the DG's but they are usually near the mid to top level of the tank so will not encounter the shrimp often, I would start out with 3+ if I were you, cherry shrimp are like livebearers and will breed in most environments so you will probably have many more In the next couple of months

Shrimp? Or what are you talking about, the kuhlis? I would stick to 4 if I were you but you can try if you want to. I wouldn't do it though. I would stay with 4 khulis

I'm sorry for not being specific i was talkin about the shrimp lol im just exited to hear that i could handle that many fish ::))

this list is actally very similar to what i had originally planned but then someone told me it woulnt handle it and i got ::((

Oh yeah you could have a lot I wouldn't get any more than 10 for now though, because they breed a lot so you might be overrun in a matter of time. There bio load is almost negligible, you could have like hundreds in a 10 gallon tank with small water changes weekly because there biolad is really small

If you want to duble check you could PM one of our very respected members like soybean, fluttermoth, or kittykat I would trust anything they say, I'm sure that they would be very happy to help you, they are experts, they should know if your sticking is okay, I think it is :good:

Three-fingers is online maybe you could PM him

Well, otos do work, but you would need like 4 of them, they need HUGE amounts of algae, and i mean the people who keep this fish have to grow algae purposely, and these fish require excellent water quality, and are very fragile

Maybe a BN but they wouldn't be suitable for the tank, as it's already fully stocked

Oh okay well I'll stick to the algea scraper then. I'm kinda excited it has takin 8 days for my ammonia to drop from 5ppm to .5 ppm ( enough to add more ammonia since I'm doing add and wait method). I know this is a small step, but I'm hoping this is shorter then normal. My test results show .5ppm ammonia, 4ppm Nitrite ( or atleast I think (the colors really hard to read after 2ppm the colors the same to my eye), and 30ppm Nitrite cause mine has not started turning red.

Okay i should have waited before I spoke lol Nitrate showing between 40-and 80ppm now cause the colors the same on this to

In your opinion how does this look as far as cycling and does anyone know how to post a word document as a pic on here so yall can see my graph i made.

Besides the shrimp do i have any fish that i could possibly see breed

Most reactions

Back