Start Of The 40 Gallon Breeder

IIITYIII

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
here are a few pics i just set my 40 gallon breeder up a few days ago and still have some more rock to put in from my old tank.

Attachments

• l_6492e0745f153eb3f5cee4ae23bd9e5d.jpg
    l_6492e0745f153eb3f5cee4ae23bd9e5d.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 32
  • l_91759e9d33fcee9018184717bb4f1409.jpg
    l_91759e9d33fcee9018184717bb4f1409.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 23
I would assume they are just using it as a tank as its wider and more suited for rockscaping?

correct i am not breeding anything but i would like my clowns to mate :)...im just using a 40 gallon breeder tank because its a decent size and i dont have room for a 75 gallon.

here are some more pics....there a cleaner shrimp and a spotted mandarin in there too but i couldnt get a good pic hes in the back of the tank thinking his reflection is a female and hes busy showing off to it :), and the cl3eaner shrimp is in a spot i cant get a pic.

Attachments

• l_86b4c4cae617f7bce20c85fdded550dc.jpg
    l_86b4c4cae617f7bce20c85fdded550dc.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 23
  • l_a332aaf083fe984437f67dad2b422425.jpg
    l_a332aaf083fe984437f67dad2b422425.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 32
That a orange ricordea florida I see in that second pic? or is it a yuma?

Ox

Just out of my curiosity as well... what kind of flow you getting through the sump? and you are planning on getting more flow in the display if you get some more corals right? Seems like that one return can't give near enough flow in the display for corals. Heck... while were at it, you got a pic of the sump/refugeand what equipment you using? ie.. return pump/skimmer... sorry for being so nosey ^_^

That a orange ricordea florida I see in that second pic? or is it a yuma?

Ox

Just out of my curiosity as well... what kind of flow you getting through the sump? and you are planning on getting more flow in the display if you get some more corals right? Seems like that one return can't give near enough flow in the display for corals. Heck... while were at it, you got a pic of the sump/refugeand what equipment you using? ie.. return pump/skimmer... sorry for being so nosey ^_^

it is a ricordea floria not a yuma...and yes i do plan on getting some maxijets but not at this moment i dont have a lot of corals at the moment...and yes i can get a picture of the sump right now i have a asm mini g skimmer which is malfunctioning so i am going to return it for a g1 i will then post some pics of the sump and i get good flow actually i drilled it and set it up that way because my friend has his running like that and its been running for over a year just fine.

im working on posting some pics but ihave a oceanic sump was going to get precision marine but this one fell into my hands along with the skimmer and the skimmer seems to work very well so i am glad i went with it. it is a instant ocean skimmer.

a update on my new 40 gallon breeder i went out and purchased a really nice green recordia and a yellow headed jawfish who i am a bit upset about he went behind my rockwork and made a hole and i dont get to seem him much :(.

here are the best pics i could get

here is the mushroom

Attachments

• l_f23d30c5987cb5dba4996a5b99b97be9.jpg
    l_f23d30c5987cb5dba4996a5b99b97be9.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 19
Give it time to adjust and make sure the tank is covered. It will probably make a few more holes once it's comfortable.

Does your mandarin eat frozen food?
Also, you don't exactly have a lot of sand.. you know jawfish are burrowers right?

actually i have about 3 in a half inches of sand maybe 4 inches of sand....and yes my spotted mandarin eats brine shrimp like there is no tomorrow he loves it. my jawfish has a huge hole its about 4 inches deep so i feel i have enough sand at the moment hes a pretty tiny jawfish too probably no bigger then 3 inches at the moment. but yeah you are right i woke up this morning he was in the front of the tank hes got a nice hole going.

and yes my spotted mandarin eats brine shrimp like there is no tomorrow he loves it.

Well that's a good start, but there's little to no goodness in brine shrimp, so you need to be feeding it enriched brine shrimp for now and try and move it onto something like mysis

and yes my spotted mandarin eats brine shrimp like there is no tomorrow he loves it.

Well that's a good start, but there's little to no goodness in brine shrimp, so you need to be feeding it enriched brine shrimp for now and try and move it onto something like mysis

agreed.
also it isnt hard imo to get mandarins to eat frozen food its just getting them to keep on eating frozen then seems to be there downfall, ive seen countless eating happily then just one day stopping eating. dunno if other people have had this problem or not.

agreed.
also it isnt hard imo to get mandarins to eat frozen food its just getting them to keep on eating frozen then seems to be there downfall, ive seen countless eating happily then just one day stopping eating. dunno if other people have had this problem or not.

oh i hope that doesnt happen but its expensive but i reseed my tank every month with pods so im trying my best to keep him healty. and yes im sorry i do feed enriched brine and i also feed mysis. i havent seen him touch mysis yet i think its still too big for him but my clowns and jawfish and clown goby eat mysis

40 breeder is an excellent starter size :). Yours is looking good too

Most reactions

Back