Spawn Diary V1 ~ Maui + Kula

YAY! I am so happy that it worked out for you! :) That is so aweasome you got to catch the embrace as well isnt it just beautiful...like nothing ive ever seen before! :) You got some really great pictures too :) Great job! (I told you they just needed some practice runs :p ) haha cant wait till the babies hatch! :) keep updated :)

Awesome awesome awesome!! So glad it's working out! Can't wait to see those little wigglers :hey:

^_^ thanks everyone... I will *definitely* need the good luck! hehe

Maui is being an awesome Daddy.. again, a HUGE suprise. Every time I look in he's blowing more bubbles and moving eggs around. It was adorable, I think the temp dropped 1 degree last night and he piled all of the eggs into a bundle, then it went back up by this morning and they're all spread out again :wub: he's soo cute! Most of the nest is filled with eggs, so I think I have.. erm.. quite a few :thumbs:! Thank GOD my cultures are becoming active. I frickin loove my vinegar eel culture ~ all I did was throw some Apple Cider Vinegar into a beer bottle and throw in the culture, and a couple days later I have a beer bottle full of wormies >.< yess

trying to attach the vid, again!

Wow I'm impressed...I had issues with vinegar eels....thats aweasome you got them up and running....do you have a microworm culture those are fun haha and they are real easy to start up...there is a really good article in the one pinned section about how to harvest them that works incredibly! I cant wait to see pictures!

Those pics are fantastic!
Looks like you had a really successful spawn! Dad doesn't seem to have any fin damage either? That's always a plus :thumbs:

:fun: aww, thanks you guys! *snug* Maui is still being a good Dad. For a second, I thought he was eating his eggs today, but I shined a flash-light on him and he was just moving them around... that was scary for a minute -_- heh

Lady, I wish I could get a decent pic of my VE culture! I've tried, but the flash throws it off. I lurve my VE's!!! My Microworms are starting to crawl up the sides, but they were much slower than the VE's. I think it helps that I got the cultures from a reaaallly good source (BettaTalk! :D). I could send you some of each culture if you need any! There's like a million in there, seriously its chock-full of Vinegar Eels :look: maybe it's the beer residue that they like. My friend came over and I showed him, and he almost barfed... he was like, "ewww, you have a million worms sitting in your room!". I guess non-Betta people just don't get it :p

Auratus ~ yep, Kula was a nice girl and she didn't even nip him... as much as he deserved it sometimes! His tail is only about 1/2 of it's normal length though, he is NOT looking great, but he's healthy. His fins are starting to look a little bit ragged from all of the swimming he's been doing though. He's working SO hard! I never see any eggs dropping, he's constantly shifting them around and building on the nest. Soo I'm proud of him. I did not expect it at all though, because he's a little bit of a fin-biter :rolleyes:... he has badly bitten them, totally suddenly, twice since July. The first time, he did it because I added too much IAL too soon to his tank and it freaked him out. The second time he did it, was most likely because he got sick of being in such a large tank and he was stressed (which happened a few weeks ago, and hasn't happened since I moved him to a smaller home). HOPEfully none of the fry will inherit his self-cannibalism -_- LOL, even though I'm sure they will inherit the pissy HM temperament!

I still can't get the vid to work, which sucks :sad:

:hyper: They finally hatched! I noticed a few little dots this morning, and I came home to find a nest FULL of little jumping beans ^.^ they are sooo cute! Maui is working his little butt off, I think he earned a new Minibow at this rate...

(sorry for the bad quality pics! the fry are in those dark clusters, there looks to be at LEAST 100!)

bettas418.jpg

bettas416.jpg

Woohoo, go Maui go!! What a good dad! :wub:

thanks Kara! :kana:

Yay, thanks a lot you guys! About half of the babies are now free-swimming, so it looks like Maui can go back to his tank now and get a much-deserved retirement from baby raising :wub: I'm proud of him. The babies are soooo cute darting around!! So, unbelievably, CUTE!

Most reactions

Back