Spawn Diary » Kale + Akela

Uurrgghh. Kale's starting to frustrate me. His bubblenests keep disappearing and he doesn't know where to build it. ~_____~ I'm going to try putting half a styrofoam cup in there to see if that helps him out.

Aha! Kale's finally figured it out. We have a bubblenest under the IAL, and it's growing fast. :lol:

Sorry if I'm talking to a wall here. :X

Aww, he's just like his Daddy! Don't worry too much, Devon. Maui built a smallish nest under the IAL while Kula was in the vase, and by the time they were done spawning it was overflowing from underneath a huge IAL! ^_^ He will definitely get motivated once Akela is released and they actually "meet".

Ah, okay! Thanks. I'll wait until it gets a little bigger and then I'll release her, since she's been in the breeding trap for quite a while. :X

His bubblenest got pretty big, so I released Akela. She came over to check out the bubblenest and he took a chunk out of her anal fin. :grr: It seems fine now. She's out of the way, and he's really starting to build the nest.

Unfortunately, I don't. Kale destroyed his own bubblenest and decided to spend all of his time chasing Akela around the tank. :( I had to separate them. It's not working out for Kale right now, maybe if he gets another bubblenest going I'll try again.

Most reactions

Back