Sleepy Hollow

Looks great :drool:

I'm going to post something in a bit, that'll knock your socks off. Very interesting.

Looking forward to it!

and thanks Bae! :good:

I have upped the plant mass a little, the new additions include, hygrophila sp pantanal wavy, cryptocoryne petchii, cryptocoryne wendtii tropica and probably the hardest to grow plant i have owned Pogostemon Stellata (Eusteralis). We'll see how it goes!

Pics? Hello?

P. stellata is really pretty.

Liz

sorry Liz, here you go...quite a lot of photos

Well, after following advice from George Farmer and getting some inspiration from Amanos complete works. I have upped the plant mass a little. I have added hygrophila sp pantanal wavy, cryptocoryne petchii, cryptocoryne wendtii tropica and Heterantera zosterifolia.
My Tropica goodies!
sleepyhollow7.jpg

Heres a view from a few meters
sleepyhollow5.jpg

Elocharis acicularis has started to send out runners
sleepyhollow6.jpg

Wendtii Tropica leaf
sleepyhollow4.jpg

Hygrophila sp pantanal wavy
sleepyhollow2.jpg

sleepyhollow3-1.jpg

and last one!
sleepyhollow1.jpg

Where did you get rocks like that? did you buy them or did you find them?

Those rocks are called TGM blue stone (from The Green Machine). What they actually are, i do not know. They are very nice anyways!lol

Heternantera zosterfolia is really pretty and quite hardy. At least it was for me. I like the build in plant mass.

Liz

Thanks Liz, it feels better now the plant mass is upped, it felt as though it was missing something. Liz, you've gotta get the Amano complete works, theres some really interesting things that he advises to do with nature aquariums. Theres pics of scapes that have been on the go for 10+ years and they still look like they were planted yesterday.

I love the music that goes with video too

Thanks for the compliment Trod, the music is my wife playing the piano in the background. ;)

Heading to the bookstore tomorrow for salty books. Yes, I've started a SW journal. About time! Will see if they have Amano's book. If not, that's what online is for.

I've always liked a high plant mass. :)

Liz

Heading to the bookstore tomorrow for salty books. Yes, I've started a SW journal. About time! Will see if they have Amano's book. If not, that's what online is for.

I've always liked a high plant mass. :)

Liz

Oh OH heading over there to have a look :drool:

There's a couple of new additions to Sleepy Hollow...
Male Gardneri Panchax Killifish
killi2-1.jpg

Female Gardneri Panchax Killifish
killi1.jpg

I have wanted to have a go at keeping Killi's for ages and my LFS finally have them in. They're supposed to be the easier ones to keep
*fingers crossed*

Those are pretty...

You can always ask, BigC. He's like the Killi god...

I already did lol. Apparently these are the easiest to keep, the male isn't at his full potential yet. He's started wooing the female already. I just hope he doesn't get to rough!

Most reactions

Back