! Silver Arowana Pictures ! Page 6 !

I have now been after a silver arowana for a while. After numerous visits to my lfs and seeing many aros with drop eye i decided to order him online.

I ordered him on wednesday 30th from Plymouth Discus for £45

He arrived this morning, here are a few rubbish pics and a video - couldnt get any good ones with the light , but i will take some more tonight.

The tank is 100gallons which i know is not suitable for an arowana for all its life , but i will soon be moving towards a custom built aquarium. The 100gall will be his home for a year maximum. He is about 7-8 inches.

Enjoy the pics and vide and feel free to comment. Thanks Adam

Video:

[URL="http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/A...=video-0003.flv"]http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/A...=video-0003.flv[/URL]
Nice fish. Good luck setting up the 300gl. :crazy:

I have now been after a silver arowana for a while. After numerous visits to my lfs and seeing many aros with drop eye i decided to order him online.

I ordered him on wednesday 30th from Plymouth Discus for £45

He arrived this morning, here are a few rubbish pics and a video - couldnt get any good ones with the light , but i will take some more tonight.

The tank is 100gallons which i know is not suitable for an arowana for all its life , but i will soon be moving towards a custom built aquarium. The 100gall will be his home for a year maximum. He is about 7-8 inches.

Enjoy the pics and vide and feel free to comment. Thanks Adam

Video:

<a href="http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/A...=video-0003.flv" target="_blank">http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/A...=video-0003.flv</a>
Nice fish. Good luck setting up the 300gl. :crazy:

a few slightly better shots:

Attachments

• Silver_Arowana_026.jpg
    Silver_Arowana_026.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Silver_Arowana_043.jpg
    Silver_Arowana_043.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Silver_Arowana_055_edit_2.JPG
    Silver_Arowana_055_edit_2.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 51
Nice pictures, Adam.

Congrats on the purchase, he looks lovely. So what have you got in the tank with him then?

Cheers mate, ive got mostly quite large fish in with him like angelfish , silver sharks and a large pleco and 3 large rainbows. there are also a couple of smaller fish that i can move later on if the aro gets aggressive. Thanks Adam

I absolutely love your set up Adam. I would love to get the Vision 450, but in the dark wood. You have done a great job there. :good:

Cant say a 14yr old with a 100g is really in a great possition to invest in an arowana but im sure your on top of it all :) good luck.

i dont understand why people get silver arowanas when they can get a green or gold and save a packet on the set up :unsure:
so your gonna set up a 400g+ custom tank in your parents house when you will be moving out in a few years?

Lol another silver aro destined for death why do people go out and buy silver arowanas do you realise just how big they get a 100g is not a big tank mate.

Lol another silver aro destined for death why do people go out and buy silver arowanas do you realise just how big they get a 100g is not a big tank mate.

I'm pretty sure he knows how big one gets. He already said he's getting a custom tank built in a year. No need to be such a big headed moron.

I'm pretty sure he knows how big one gets. He already said he's getting a custom tank built in a year. No need to be such a big headed moron.

Big headed moron I think you wanna re read your post and think how big that aro will be in 5 years mate. As you did re read it how many people on here now think there getting huge monster tank.

Big headed moron I think you wanna re read your post and think how big that aro will be in 5 years mate.

Well considering they grow about an inch a month, then i gather it will be very big ;)

Quick question what do you think a tank ssize should be for a fully grown silver aro.

personally? I dont think they should be kepy in tanks smaller then 8ftx8ft8xft.

But you have no right to say he will kill his aro, without knowing what he plans to do with it. It was rude and disrespectful. Just because you think your fish afre great, does not mean everyone thinks the sun shines out of your ####.

i wonder how many people who buy cute little silver arowanas still have them in 18 months :rolleyes:
no offence adam coz you may be in the small percentage that go through with it,but most people who talk about huge custom set ups are full of sh**

Most reactions

Back