• Real

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chri$

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i am thinking about setting up my other tank, i have a tank currently with silk plants i was wondering wheather to go for real plants this time. take into concideration time, cost, pros, cons etc.

real plants for me. tend to cost less than silk plants at my lfs and i do not do anything different in looking after them except add a little liquid fertilizer every water change

go for real no point in fake they are a load of crap go for REAL.

I personally hate fake plants. What annoys me more is that they say they look real.

I didn't vote because I like plastic better than silk and I couldn't afford to get proper lighting for real plants so I go for plastic and I find it looks really good and almost looks like real but you can easily tell the difference because they have more color in them.

Real takes quiet a bit more work, but looks alot better, USUALLY.
I have alot of fake plants, just because I'm usually too busy to deal with the extra work.

Most of my tanks have no substrate, so I toss in a silk or plastic plant or two to give the fish something to mess with. Live plants do poorly in bare bottom tanks.

Real plants are not much more work, and look much better. It doesnt matter how much lighting you have, you can find a plant for your situation. A major plus if heavly planted and done right (co2, etc.), no more alage.

ive spent £15 on over 40 plants that look great, spent about 90 min planting the tank and setting up a DIY CO2 system. Now im looking at 15 min a week to change the CO2 bottle and to prune back any of the plants that are growing too much (though i think for the first 4-8 weeks im just going to let it go wild and work from there.

Most reactions

Back