Show Off Your Fish

Featherfin Squeaker

DSCN4488.jpg

The bolivian rams are easy to sex by looking at the breeding tubes. I didn'tknow that either when I bought mine, but after watching them, it's not hard to tell. I put a link in Ruskell's thread. I'll look it up later and put one here. A pair is a good idea. I have males that chase each other too much, and had to separate them.

Nice Rams Man O Fish! Here's a couple of more recnt pics of Zach's Rams, which are a perfect pair:

DSCN1076.jpg

DSCN1080.jpg

Lemon Tetras!

DSCN1070.jpg

100_0643.jpg

Von Rio Flame Tetras!

100_0641.jpg

DSCN1061.jpg

DSCN1064.jpg

DSCN1069.jpg

In this last picture you can see the difference between the 2 types of Flame (Von Rio) Tetras. The more colorful ones I believe are farm raised, & the less colorful one with the verticle stripes on his face is wild caught. The farm raised version has a more yellow colored lower face & the wild version is more golden. The wild ones are more aggressive too, there's only (4) of that type & (6) of the farm raised domesticated Flames. They do school together but the (4) wild ones are almost always together in the pack.

I'm 80% sure I have a male+ female and I found little things that look like eggs everywhere :huh: I'm off to do research on ram breeding and sexing.

Cool, let us know what you found out. :good: I have a fry net ready......... :shifty:

I don't know what the things were but there was little white dots on everything. Maybe 1/2-1 mm in size with a dot in the middle. From my research it may have been eggs may not but they were scattered everywhere. Maybe the female just layer them and they weren't a pair or something so they're unfertilized???

It was in the QT with the rams? I didn't think they were egg scatterers. I thought they laid their eggs like other cichlids, on flat surfaces or caves.

or hidden, defensible spots.

Man of fish your fish will all do better on sand. Love the Cories.

Josh, it was a joke about Siobhan's signature :rolleyes:

DSC_0280.jpg

Newest addition. I'd like he/she more if they didn't have a small Ich spot on their other side!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgoT6MUckOM

kuhli loaches doing their thang

Most reactions

Back