Show Me Your Car!

I laughed when I read 94mph in second gear, thats incredible.

It is pretty funny, but most guys here look down on the steep gearing most V8 cars have. It's mainly done for fuel economy as 1800RPM at 70MPH will get you 28MPG no matter how many cylinders you have.

However a common modification is to change the rear end gears in the axle to gear up slightly. Most of them comes with a 2.73 - 3.27 ratio. Guys like me throw those into the trash and put in gears like 3.73-4.56's. It won't let you wind out 2nd to 80MPH anymore, but you'll get unreal acceleration in each gear due to the gearing advantage and you can gain back some of the pull in the higher gears. If you think the pull is great with steep gearing, wait til you sit in a car with modified rear end gear ratio.

I have 4.10 gears in one of my Mustangs. Stock was 2.73. 1st gear now winds out to 15MPH, 2nd is 35ish, 3rd winds out to 75ish and 4th takes you to just over 100 and then a tall 5th for cruising. It kills your top end but i set this car up to be a stoplight terror. Ever gear has pull, no need to downshift at all. My other Mustang i left the factory 3.27's. I do a lot of highway traveling with it so i like doing 1800RPM at 70MPH.

Gettign ym mini soon befor july maby in a few months my dad siad i can so i can drive it on privet roads so then im ready for july so i can pass fast. :D

I have handed in a spec list for my car at oxford mini and they are hunting oen down for me :D

Thank you guys. I'm in the USA, and I always enjoy reading about the cars of europe.

ok well my car is eather going to look manly like this
NH05WUO_01_CVI_010206_20_FineGround.jpg

with out the 18" john cooper works alloys or

NJ55KZA_01_CVI_241105_20_FineGround.jpg

with some bonit stripes and some thing on the roof :D

great pics everyone!! another thread i seem to have missed till now!
heres our pride & joy!
currently off the road waiting for a new exhaust + the dreaded MOT.

Attachments

• jag.jpg
    jag.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 83
Millym that is a fabulous building behind that car! Where is that and do you live in it??

ps. Saw a lot of chaviots in this thread.... :lol:

mustang- its a jaguar xjs sports coupe (1989)

suzieQ - its taken just near a pub ( the greyhound) next to kew green in london (not far from kew gardens). sadly we dont live in the gorgeous houses you can see there!!!!

Well I used to have a car... My grandpa gave it to us but my parents didn't want it so they said I could have it.. but then they didn't want to pay for the insurance so they gave it back to my grandpa.. He sold it to a lady, she went to Mexico with it and got it taken away... lol.. my dad had his gun in it..... oh well here it is... a 1985 woody! and here is my dads car too.. and my moms van. (I don't have pics of our cars so I did some google searches)
buick_century_2.jpg
1036.jpg
10857.jpg

Heres the Mick mobile. I havent even past my test yet but my wife drives.

Newcar001.jpg

Its an automatic and after 30 hours of manual lessons Ive decided to just go for my automatic liscence (no more stalling at round abouts for me!) I HATED driving a manual car but i LOVE driving this, its a piece of pi$$, no gears, no "biting point" just MOVE, STOP and MOVE BACKWARDS!.....why complicate things for yourself?

Everyone keeps saying "but if you take your automatic test you wont be able to drive a manual car!....and?....i dont have a manual car....I cant fly a plane either, should I get a pilots licence just incase I fancy buying a plane one day?!?

Automatics are brilliant, its like driving a dodgem car!

P.S. My wife had a car that she called 'Birtha'.....since this was my car she said i had to give it a name....I called it 'Comrade' because the reg is 'KGB' :lol:

Newcar003.jpg

Self shifters are fine, until you want some control of the gears, especially when the car is going round a corner. I would hate to think of driving a turbo auto that decides half way round a corner to drop down and come on boost...That would be a seriously hairy moment.

But for long motorway cruises they are fun.

Self shifters are fine, until you want some control of the gears, especially when the car is going round a corner. I would hate to think of driving a turbo auto that decides half way round a corner to drop down and come on boost...That would be a seriously hairy moment.

But for long motorway cruises they are fun.

It'd make Milton Keynes fun!

On a serious note - I've been driving an A3 2.0l TDI DSG.. and its fine - actually a very nice gearbox for an auto...

Forget your jap crap and your pommy garbage... Here is my car, 100% Aussie muscle...
Its a Turbo Holden Torana 1977. For those who dont know what a Holden is, The Pontiac GTO (as sold in USA) is actually an Australian made Holden. I think people from the UK call them Vauxhauls...
For those who love their jap cars here is a site you should check out Rice Boy Page
fr.jpg

bay_fl.jpg

my honda civic show car,been in car mags an used to advertised car events an show,show and shine trophy winner :D

Attachments

• civicr.jpg
    civicr.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 77
  • Resize_of_post_12_1120416333.jpg
    Resize_of_post_12_1120416333.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 85

Most reactions

Back