Sf05's Slow And Steady

Well I dont really know how you attach RO units up but if you attach it to a faucet, you can run the water for 10 mins and that will lower the amount of copper.

Just thought i'd tell you about two hitchhikers i've found and matched up with another members (Paul_MTS, i hope he doesn't mind me showing the picture. Any info on these? Can't research them as i don't know their names.

Here is Pauls, mine look the same just alot smaller...
nem.JPG

Aiptasia, or glass anemone....a bad hitchhiker. Get rid of it. They can spread like wildfire. You can buy Joe's Juice or inject with concentrated lemon juice. If the rock comes out and you can chip that piece off, fine. DO NOT GRAB AT IT OR TEAR IT....pieces will regenerate into new ones. SH

Ah! I just had a feeling that i would get to meet this Aiptasia :grr:
I'm totally skint until friday so hopefully they dont reproduce like 10 a day :S
Just got an E-mail to say the rest of my cleanup crew will be here tommorow :D

Dan

The rest of the cleanup crew arrived at 9:15am today. It took me about 1 15mins to allimatize them and as soon as i released them into the aquarium they were moving around and munching on the algae of diatoms.

The nassiruis snails are really cool, they are like minijet skis across the sand and the way they jump out the sand is good fun.

As soon as everything has been fought back i'll pickup a cleaner and a clown. Will get some Joe's juice tommorow and blast the bad guys :hey:
I'll take some pics tommorow and see if i can figure out the Macros settings....
Cheers
Dan

Hey everyone :D

Heres some lastest pics

These show some of my coraline growth and a bit of my diatom bloom:

coralin.jpg

coraline.jpg

Turbo snail....

turbo.jpg

Tank shot:

fts.jpg

Full tank shot

fts3.jpg

Just for SH :lol:

mag-float.jpg

Taken in stride..besides...no reef yet so full pardon given...well done young padawan. SH

Obviously Dan has fled the country with the police on his tail and is no able to update his thread :dunno:

:lol: :lol:

Patience padawan

well done young padawan. SH

I can only serve One master, You guys will just have to scrap over me :rolleyes: :shifty:

Obviously Dan has fled the country with the police on his tail and is no able to update his thread :dunno:

:lol: :lol:

:lol: Well i've finally shook them off and i'm back :)

Monday i did a 15% waterchange to get ready for the first fish. Cleanup crew is doing a good job with the diatoms and their good fun to watch, especially the herm$its :nod:

Yesterday i went a picked up Nemo! :D They had a two tanks with about 5 in each. One side had the larger ones and the other had the small ones.

Of course i looked in the tank with the small ones and tried to look at everyone. BUT this one guy wouldn't let me look in, he kept swimming infront of my view!

Needless to say he's in my tank now and is good fun to watch. He's always out on display and swims towards anyone near the tank. Fed him today and he munched on about 8 spiraluna brine shrimp.

I'll post pics tommorow :)

Next poster makes it 100! :thumbs:

Dan

Hey Everyone! :)

Picked up my cleaner shrimp today as my nitrates hit good old 0.

Took me ages to try and get a picture of nemo, Damn he moves soo fast. Only got one half decent one in the end. As usual apoligize for the quality of the pics :( and the water stain on the glass :/ It just won't go, i get rid a big white mark then it comes back.

Heres the cleaner:

cs.jpg

Here's Nemo!

nemo.jpg

Probably will leave things (Apart from WC and Top Off) for a couple of weeks now and then go and get my second fish. Or should i wait longer?

I've added an extra pump 400 lph pump aiming upwards to try and clear the surface scum i have from little surface movement the maxijet is giving me being aimed at the rocks. I would move it up a bit but that means my substrate get blown everywhere.

Cheers
Dan

Edit: Photobucket is Officially a comple bucket of S~%*!!! Last picture keeps coming out smaller. I've deleted it and tried again but still no luck.

Re-Edit: Okay, That's more like it. I'll make all my pics this big from now on :)

Most reactions

Back