Sf05's Slow And Steady

I'll send you the fin from my SailTang as well, maybe it will grow :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

O yes mate would be interested in the colt :D
Why dont you frag the tail off your new addition so we can see if anything grows from it in my tank :lol: :fun:

Cheers
Dan

Will give the colt the Chop when my clowns aint looking as the male clown attacked me the other day when I had to move the colt when catching El Terror dela 'Umbug,

Do you want me to cut & attach the coral or just cut it and send it (after a couple of days) with a bit of LR & some milliput & you can attach

:good:

Cheers mate!

If you could attach it for me then that would be great :), you know how useless i am :lol:

Zoos still aren't open :( should i start to worry yet? Pretty sure mushies have attached to the rock now which is good. It's mouth thing could've opened when i fed mysis earlier i might spot feed it tommorow to see if that helps it :)

Xenia still looks bad :dunno: perhaps it's the RO flush water? :lol:

Thanks again :thumbs:

Dan

No probs will do

Dont worry 'bout the Zoa's they took almost a week to fully open with me, the xenia will open up no probs as well

@ombomb - I should manage a frag of the colt if you like, I'll get it cut & attached tomorrow and will give it a week or so before sending

Hey Team :)

Well we've finally got the flooring :fun: and hopefully my mums mate can have it all down on Monday :thumbs:

So that means that the tank is ready to move whenever i can.

Well i've got to pick up a few more 6gallon containers so i can keep a fair bit oh water, need to get the chap to build me a 2ft stand for this one and then i'm good to go. Need to save 1st though... :look: (skint)

Just a few questions as i want to try and fix the mini problems i've had with the tank while it's been upstairs:

1] Can i start over with my substrate? I want to use Carribsea's live-arog again.

Mine is looking really horrible now it's covered with cyano due to the lack of cleaners and the fact i was using RO flush water (Duh!). As i tried covering it up the underlay of the substrate is multi colored so it needs to go :/

I can keep a few lbs from the back of the tank where i've had no problems to help seed the new stuff. I'm going to make the SB alot shallower this time :thumbs:

2] Does anyone think 2 maxijet 1200 is overkill in a 16gal?
I'm having trouble with surface scum due to the lack of surface agitation from my mj1200 and hydor400. There are still deadspots in the tank also :(

2 of them will give me a turnover rate of 35X p/h and this is nothing compared to some SPS tanks. Whaddaya think?

Then all i have to do is start driving lessons then we move onto the next setup :D

Thanks
Dan

Ah welcome to the wonderful world of cyano :(. Wish I knew how to battle it myself as I too am fighting a cyano infestation. Best thing I can say is that yes, you can switch substrates and I would if I were you ;). Every time you water change, vaccum out more of the cyano if you can with a deft touch of some bare 1/4" tubing. DOnt use the big siphon thingy as you'll just pull up too much stuff, just take the tube off the end and use that :). Otherwise, run a nitrate/phosphate binding media if you can and pray.

Ah welcome to the wonderful world of cyano :(. Wish I knew how to battle it myself as I too am fighting a cyano infestation. Best thing I can say is that yes, you can switch substrates and I would if I were you ;). Every time you water change, vaccum out more of the cyano if you can with a deft touch of some bare 1/4" tubing. DOnt use the big siphon thingy as you'll just pull up too much stuff, just take the tube off the end and use that :). Otherwise, run a nitrate/phosphate binding media if you can and pray.
Cheers mate, i think i'll use a new bag then when we get around to the move :nod:.
I've been siphoning it back with the tubing every waterchange but i hardly get anything up :/

Will be adding phosphate/nitrate media in the next one but i'm trying to keep this as basic as possible until then. Hopefully with my full cleanup crew back and real RO water this time round i'll have no problems :thumbs:

Any thoughts on the MJ's?

Cheers
Dan

I just found a half decent pic of coral beauty when he was alive....Just thought i'd show you guys :(

angel.jpg

Sorry to hear about the Coral Beauty. :sad: Hows the move going with your tank? Hopefully alls well. :hyper:. cant wait to see more pics soon.

Cheers mate, i will diffently get another one when i get the 50g or perhaps a bicolor instead :shifty:

Well, if all is good the chap should be coming to do the flooring tommorow :thumbs:, if not, Wednesday latest :good:

Then i need to save money for the things i need to do the move;

Stand
2 more 6gal containers - £10
Stand made - £25-£50
Mj1200 - £23
Substrate - £22

So i couldbe looking at another £105 just to move the things downstairs! :lol: :no:

Trying to get new ideas for the next aquascape so i get one i really like. I need to plan it all now as i don't want any Die-off at all as i've livestock jumping in straight after it's setup :crazy:

Dan :)

Looks like a cool little setup, and sounds like you got some good prices... apart from...

I have been looking for a 4ft overtank T5 lighting unit for ages and couldn't understand why they where so expensive.

Then i found one very similar to the arcadia but £40!, three 4ft T5 bulbs 28W, one blue and two white. I still can't believe it, but it seems to work fine.

And yes completley above board and brand new, and in birmingham.

Sorry if it's too late

:S

maybe get a refund as you have a bit of time, free up the money for stock!

These lights are cheap becuase they are low power versions. A 4ft T5 shouldn't be 28w!!

[/quote]

These lights are cheap becuase they are low power versions. A 4ft T5 shouldn't be 28w!!
[/quote]

Aha!, there was going to be something wasn't there!,

Do you think I could just put some new bulbs in??, or is the ballast all wrong?
:/

Aha!, there was going to be something wasn't there!,

Do you think I could just put some new bulbs in??, or is the ballast all wrong?
:/

ballast will more than likely be wrong too...

If its any good the 46" tubes will be 54W - 34" tubes are 39w. 22in tubes are 24W...
from that - I havent got a clue what T5's they are using but they arent high output ones.

Most reactions

Back