Setting up a new tank, 500L

wonderfull tank! I love it. Did you do anything before adding the tree-wood? (with the wood).

DIY should be made of your co2-machine :)

Fishkeeper2004 said:
How much was that tank to buy?
Uhm, tank and the stand delivered to my room 650 dollars. 300 dollars for 3x70W metal halides with new, uhm, ballasts? Filter, CO2 reactor and other related stuff, heater, the black curtain thingy around the stand, sand and bottom fertilisers were 100 dollars.

So, the whole aquarium with its equipment (exept fish and plants) cost me 1050 dollars.

GOD! I didn't think it would be that much, but I suppose you have to be prepared to pay for quality things..

Here in Finland it's rather cheap ;) Those metal halides are a bit expensive though. At least compared to fluorescent tubes.

I think I will take next pictures when I come back from my vacation. Then, propably, I will get the metal halides hanging from the ceiling.

WoW i love cories. :wub:

Hope that wounded one is still alive. :thumbs:

Oh... and of course we want more pics.

It is doing fine =)

All 10 of them were just eating frozen bloodworms. I can already tell the females and males apart. :)

wow wow wow wow have just read every single posting on your tank its brill
so amazing am coming to finland for my brothers wedding in july
hope all is good
keep safe :D
and yes please more photos :alien:

hi i think that tank is amaing, just wondering i was gonna stick some snails in my tank from my dads pond in the back, are they good for the tank or something?

coconutman39 said:
yea photosynthesis, i thought of that but i thought it might do something for the fish. i have a planted tank, but no C02. my plants are doing fine in my opinion.
You don't need a CO2 pump unless you have lots of plants as an air stone or Surface disturbance will pump enough natural CO2 from the air for some plants to survive.

Ben

Most reactions

Back