Schooling fish options...

Actually there are many smaller fish that you can consider for your 20H tank.
They are mainly from Rasboras, Tetras or some Danios(but more active).

1)Ember Tetras
2)Mosquito Rasboras(Boraras brigittae)
3)Dwarf Rasboras(Boraras maculatus)
4)Gold Ring Danio(Brachydanio tinwini)
5)Espei Rasboras(a bit tight for your tank)
6)Microdevario Kubotai(Green Kubotai Rasboras)
7)Sundadanio Axelrodi

But take note that Peacock Gudgeon can be aggressive towards these smaller fish.
You can also consider some Sparkling Gouramis instead of Peacock Gudgeon.

I'm not replacing the peacock gudgeon unless I find some miracle fish 😂... Also, thank you so much for all those options.

Have an eye on these :

Danio aesculapii - Danio erythromicron- Danio margaritatus – Danio tinwini – Boraras maculatus - Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi – Paracheirodon simulans - Laubuka dadiburjori -

Have an eye on these :

Danio aesculapii - Danio erythromicron- Danio margaritatus – Danio tinwini – Boraras maculatus - Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi – Paracheirodon simulans - Laubuka dadiburjori -
Ok, will do. Thanks.

Even on seriouslyfish it says the Cory fish are great tank mates... And if I have only 3 of them then I'm sure I can fit 6-7 cories...
(Btw sorry... I can be stubborn sometimes, especially when I've had something planned for a while)

Even on seriouslyfish it says the Cory fish are great tank mates... And if I have only 3 of them then I'm sure I can fit 6-7 cories...
(Btw sorry... I can be stubborn sometimes, especially when I've had something planned for a while)
Well, it looks like you have already decided and chosen, do what you want ;)

Well, it looks like you have already decided and chosen, do what you want ;)
Please though, call me out if I'm wrong. But if I can do cories... Than, YIPEE

Please though, call me out if I'm wrong. But if I can do cories... Than, YIPEE
Many persons here, including me, have explained to you reasons why something is possible and something isn't.
Keep in mind that what counts isn't your choice but the best life conditions you have to provide to captive fishes : parameters that must be the same for all species in the tank, compatible behaviors, level/area dwelling respect, needs in food : some are food greedy/glutons, some are sloooow eaters and could not compete with others).

Reread advices that do not rub you up the right way, these are the advices that must be taken into account ;)

Many persons here, including me, have explained to you reasons why something is possible and something isn't.
Keep in mind that what counts isn't your choice but the best life conditions you have to provide to captive fishes : parameters that must be the same for all species in the tank, compatible behaviors, level/area dwelling respect, needs in food : some are food greedy/glutons, some are sloooow eaters and could not compete with others).

Reread advices that do not rub you up the right way, these are the advices that must be taken into account ;)
Ok, I will. Thank you. I always take water parameters into account but I honestly never thought about where they lived in the tank and I actually thought the peacocks were top to mid dwellers...

Tateurndina ocellatus is mainly bottom dweller. Let's 70% bottom 30% mid.
Hyphessobrycon amandae is a nice little school fish.

Last edited:
Tateurndina ocellatus is mainly bottom dweller. Let's 70% bottom 30% mid.
Hyphessobrycon amandae is a nice little school fish.
If you use the scientific names please put the "normal" name by it in parentheses please... Cause I have to keep googling things lol. Ive seen ember tetras but I'm not the biggest fan... Id rather have neon tetras than them.

I'm not replacing the peacock gudgeon unless I find some miracle fish 😂... Also, thank you so much for all those options.

Actually there are also many centerpiece fish for you to choose. Some of them are:
1)Apistogramma Borelli
2)Honey Gourami
3)Killifish - Bluefin Notho
Avoid Golden Panchax Killifish that will grow large and can eat small fish.

Btw, Neon Tetras are nice fish due to their striking colours...you can see them even in the dark.

Most reactions

Back