Schooling fish options...

Yeah ! They need to wear their sharp teeth out on shells.
Although I have also heard of some types of dwarf pufferfish not needing to wear down their teeth... So you say that it is ok to have a snail colony breeding in with the puffer that way I dont have to keep buying snails?

You will need to "raise" snails in another tank in order to have a steady supply for puffers. I had a lone dwarf puffer (unfortunately arrived by accident in a bag of 12 pygmy cories) so I put the puffer in the 10g planted tank which had tons of snails...within a week or two, not a snail in site. After a few months, I moved the puffer out and discovered some snails living down in the sand, but the puffer had certainly reduced their number and kept them very low.
How did the cories do?

So you say that it is ok to have a snail colony breeding in with the puffer that way I dont have to keep buying snails?
You will need to buy once a "batch" of maybe ramshorn snails you'll feed with anything (they are detritivore) then sacrifice them upon the puffer's teeth altar.......

You will need to buy once a "batch" of maybe ramshorn snails you'll feed with anything (they are detritivore) then sacrifice them upon the puffer's teeth altar.......
Yes, lol

How did the cories do?

Fine, but they went to a different tank than the puffer. Obviously the two fish were in the same tank in the store, and the employee in netting out a dozen pygmy cories got a puffer in the net, and I didn't realize this until I got home and floating the bag.

Fine, but they went to a different tank than the puffer. Obviously the two fish were in the same tank in the store, and the employee in netting out a dozen pygmy cories got a puffer in the net, and I didn't realize this until I got home and floating the bag.
I call that an awesome bonus and an excuse for another tank 😂

For my schooling fish... Ive decided to do the chili rasbora... Super cool little fish. Also I may just do 6 peacock gudgeons... idk how tight it'll be in a 20H... At first I thought it would be but I'm not sure what to think.

For my schooling fish... Ive decided to do the chili rasbora... Super cool little fish. Also I may just do 6 peacock gudgeons... idk how tight it'll be in a 20H... At first I thought it would be but I'm not sure what to think.
Sorry, I realized that your centerpiece will be Peacock Gudgeons.

Peacock Gudgeons can grow up to 3 inches whereas Chili Rasboras are very tiny at 1.5-2cm only.
The adult Gudgeons look aggressive and big.

I think for Gudgeons, it's better to go for bigger fish such as Espei Rasboras or Green Kubotai Rasboras which are bigger and fast swimmer.

Sorry, I realized that your centerpiece will be Peacock Gudgeons.

Peacock Gudgeons can grow up to 3 inches whereas Chili Rasboras are very tiny at 1.5-2cm only.
The adult Gudgeons look aggressive and big.

I think for Gudgeons, it's better to go for bigger fish such as Espei Rasboras or Green Kubotai Rasboras which are bigger and fast swimmer.
The best thing about peacock gudgeons is that they are not aggressive... Not even to other males of their species they just kinda flare up and keep moving.

Most reactions

Back