Schooling fish options...

It's not just how big Cory get that you have to factor into whether or not to have them in an aquarium. They are prolific breeding machines and as such they will blow out your stock levels within a relatively short period of time. For example years ago I started with 6 Bronze in one of my aquariums, they started egg throwing on the glass etc within a week and within 6 months I had over 30 Cories plus three more aquariums and a local LFS who I supplied with them.

Regardless of Cory variant, make sure you have the room to handle their offspring.
yea yea; but the fix for this is to add an apisto and he will follow the cory around and eat the eggs. I know because i would love to breed my sterbai but the apisto are very efficient and usually get to the eggs before i even notice.

If peacock gudgeons are like the cories in the way they stay in the bottom to mid levels do they also feed off the bottom?

The problem with FishBase is that it isn't regurlarly updated.
The best references are SeriouslyFish and PlanetCatFish.

Ok maybe no cories then... But do the peacock gudgeons bottom feed?

Also be aware that females are substantially larger than females.... So are we talking 'bout male or female peppers.

Actually there are many smaller fish that you can consider for your 20H tank.
They are mainly from Rasboras, Tetras or some Danios(but more active).

1)Ember Tetras
2)Mosquito Rasboras(Boraras brigittae)
3)Dwarf Rasboras(Boraras maculatus)
4)Gold Ring Danio(Brachydanio tinwini)
5)Espei Rasboras(a bit tight for your tank)
6)Microdevario Kubotai(Green Kubotai Rasboras)
7)Sundadanio Axelrodi

But take note that Peacock Gudgeon can be aggressive towards these smaller fish.
You can also consider some Sparkling Gouramis instead of Peacock Gudgeon.

Most reactions

Back