Rob's 3X2X2

Serious now..would take a skeletal exam to prove the difference for definate but a lot of these scolys on the market at the minute in some blinding colours...check out cockfields and fishman's aussie sections...
Bought one sold here a while back as a trachy but later discovered it was one of the scolys....didn't last as was bacly bleached,light pink by then, and got into a tussle with the frogspawn.
They are also normally more rounded in simitary whereas trachys are prone to be more kidney shaped or elongated...

ah well it would have £165 but there is of course a story.

It was specifically bought in by a guy who worked there but he has left in the last couple of weeks and not been back to get it.
The lfs guy needs it gone cos they are breaking they're marine system down to give it a #41#### good clean, so he offered it to me as he said he knew it would be going to a good home which was more important to him than the money!

i saw the same coral in another LFS today for £225, so am quite happy to say the least!

well the corals all went in last night.
The scolly shed some mucus to begin with, but i am assuming that it was where i was touching it in order to place it on the sand bed.

added some mysis to the tank last night but only the lobo put out feeding tentacles.

Have reduced the lighting period to 6 hours today so that the scolly doesn't get dazzled for too long.

hopefully it'll pick up today and maybe feed tomorrow.

really am starting to regret getting cleaner shrimps though and also i should have stuck to the original plan and got a 250w halide rather than the 400w....... any one wanna swap???? :blink:

i thought AOG were more red than these. There was a large lump of them but i haven't the room so the LFS broke this lump off for me.

Rob, i've seen pink, red , orange and copper variations all being sold as aog now..those are almost identical to the ones I got for the nano and the guy i bought them off paid top dollar for them as aog...

they've got alot of bright oranges ones in at the moment, and were getting a new shipment today of zoas.

Matt is having trouble with finding good zoa suppliers at the moment and is desperateley trying to source some like they used to have.

I use SWM a lot I think its my fav shop in the area

Have tried Aquajardin in Glo the marine guys are very good there but there stock always seems a little pricey to me
Aquatic habitat in Brockworth have some nice stuff in but pricey again
Real Reef on the A38 has some nice stock lurvely laid out shop but everything was a bit big for my nano less I missed a tank
Western Marines had a bit of an algae problem when i visited but I think this was because they were quite new setup + a little to far to travel regulary

not sure of any other shops South of Worcester less you can recommend any more shops :)

to be honest morri, you seem to have exactly the same views on the shops you've listed as me!

maidenhead aquatics in hereford has a small selection but the staff aren't very knowledgeable so you can usually pick up a bargain as they don't tend to know there stock.
Similarly there is a garden centre just off of the A38 at whitminster. (this is where i got the scolly from) teh main man there is very knowledgeable but is limited in space, and as i said earlier is looking to break all of teh tanks down and then set them up again.

Rob..tell them to try the states or holland if looking for zoas or rics..definately the largest selections and quality as well

Most reactions

Back