River Reef 94L Let The Fun Begin

did my first water test tonight any help if this si good or bad ?

p.h 7.8
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5-10
calcinm 500

Ph is a bit low, try aiming a powerhead at the waters surface to increase it. Do you have your cheato in the rear chamber lit? I use a reverse light cycle to the display which helps stabilise any swings :)

Other than that looks good!

p.h might of been slightly higher as it was sort of in middle of 2 but more 7.8 i have my korilla in tank breakin surface but it dont seem to break it all if that makes sence as there is a slight layer of something on surface of tank

cheato is in chamber 3 lit 24/7 with a 1w underwater led but the cheato is sort of halfway down chamber so lookin to make a media rack to keep it nearer top

thanks for reply

Tony

p.h might of been slightly higher as it was sort of in middle of 2 but more 7.8 i have my korilla in tank breakin surface but it dont seem to break it all if that makes sence as there is a slight layer of something on surface of tank

cheato is in chamber 3 lit 24/7 with a 1w underwater led but the cheato is sort of halfway down chamber so lookin to make a media rack to keep it nearer top

thanks for reply

Tony

I wouldn't get overly worried about your ph mate .. stable ph is more important than it being low.. mine has been at 7.8 since the start of my tank and i have had no problems. Started mixing my own water recently with a decent salt so i'm hoping that will get my ph a tad higher.

well got 2 more corals today got a Zoa with Orange lashs and yellow mouth and a Metallic green Star polyp but my mushrooms i got last week have moved lol and ive lost one (Blue) and 1 red and purple came of the rock they came on so i managed to get them on a new bit of rock but dunno how long there stay there for lol :( will get some pics once there all out as didnt get home till lights where out tonight and all my corals go in once lights are out

Tony

_MG_1182.jpg

_MG_1184.jpg

_MG_1185.jpg

_MG_1186.jpg

_MG_1188.jpg

_MG_1189.jpg

_MG_1191.jpg

lol thanks i didnt focus very well but came out ok lol dunno what sort of snail he is tho

Tony

Looks like a species of Babylonia. Behaviorally more-or-less like Nassariids, but from a different family.

Got a little bit of red/brown algea on some of the rocks and slight bot on sand im guessin its because of the tank move and has sort of restarted the tank cycle

Got a little bit of red/brown algea on some of the rocks and slight bot on sand im guessin its because of the tank move and has sort of restarted the tank cycle

And my guess would be cyano - you need more flow to that area to create oxygen which will starve the cyano :good:

But to be sure, lets see your stats

strange thing is that is only really in the flow area lol ill get a pic in morning once lights are on

and doin my weekly water change tomorrow did post my stats up on tuesday i think it was when i did water test then

Did a quick test this morning as doin water change in about a hour or 2 and seems nitrate gone up abit to around 20 and calcium tho i dont think this test is perfect around 550

Most reactions

Back