River Reef 94L Let The Fun Begin

morning steffie

do u think i need 2 korallia on the tank ? the 1 thats on there is a 1500 model but the box type box is alreadt gettin on my wick lol it fell over last night and blew all the sand in left back corner away till there none left and clouded the tank so ive now got that out lol

ive got a small light for some cheato off ebay last week:) just want to replace all filter stuff for new there 4 bags of lr 3 bags of what i think is caron pellets ? small black balls and 4 bags of white power stuff not sure what this is and some wirewool stuff cant rememebr right name lol

now had problem with chambers and pumps but think ive sorted that now apart from fact that bottom rear return pump has now blown all sand from front right of tank away so there a old 50p size bit where i can se the bottom of tank ?? and has blown sand about 3 inch deep to front of tank lol

Less the 24 hours and some good and some bad lol

Tony

do u think i need 2 korallia on the tank ? the 1 thats on there is a 1500 model but the box type box is alreadt gettin on my wick lol it fell over last night and blew all the sand in left back corner away till there none left and clouded the tank so ive now got that out lol

Plus its ugly as sin :p well, you should be looking for approx x2o for your turnover for softies and you currently have 1900, so enough some would day, does the tank have a spray bar? If so, you can use that to create flow at the top of the tank and move the Korallia down a bit - if not, I would still be tempted to get a nano

ive got a small light for some cheato off ebay last week:) just want to replace all filter stuff for new there 4 bags of lr 3 bags of what i think is caron pellets ? small black balls and 4 bags of white power stuff not sure what this is and some wirewool stuff cant rememebr right name lol

Well, as long as you rinse the live rock bags once a month, they are fine to stay in, the white stuff is probably phosban and if its still white then it still has life in it :good: Carbon pellets can stay in, but you need to know how old this stuff is. Wirewool, well that a new one on me, tak eit out :sick:

now had problem with chambers and pumps but think ive sorted that now apart from fact that bottom rear return pump has now blown all sand from front right of tank away so there a old 50p size bit where i can se the bottom of tank ?? and has blown sand about 3 inch deep to front of tank lol

Can you angle those up?

Plus its ugly as sin :p well, you should be looking for approx x2o for your turnover for softies and you currently have 1900, so enough some would day, does the tank have a spray bar? If so, you can use that to create flow at the top of the tank and move the Korallia down a bit - if not, I would still be tempted to get a nano

no spray bar so may get a nano tho there isalot of flow in the tank i think

Well, as long as you rinse the live rock bags once a month, they are fine to stay in, the white stuff is probably phosban and if its still white then it still has life in it :good: Carbon pellets can stay in, but you need to know how old this stuff is. Wirewool, well that a new one on me, tak eit out :sick:

polywool :p sorry lol well ill start lookin at gettin some new media to replace what i got

Can you angle those up?

nope :( think theres meant to be 2 pipes u stick on the tubes which u then angle them if u want but not got them so will have to rty and get some as its causein a big hole in the sand still lol

Ill upload a pic of front of tank so i can show u what i mean i even tryed movein some rock to the front to see if it blocked the flow but no if u look at my first pics which where taken at nikcs u can see the right corner has no sand on his but it now looks alot worse

also went LFS shoppin today and didnt do that well lol no one ahad any cheato or a korllia in stock but did get a cheap scraper for side of tank so tryin now to get some of the stuff of the side

and did see what i think was a ghost goby which i really like lol

Tony

IMAG0307.jpg

Do you not have the little duck bill outlets that go on the pipes to divert the flow?

*edit* sorry, just seen you don't. Try interpet maybe? They are very helpful :)

Cheato

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHAETO-CHEATO-ALGEA-2-large-handfuls-Dont-buy-caulerpa-/180667885110?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item2a10a52636

Nano

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HYDOR-KORALIA-NANO-CIRCULATION-PUMP-POWERHEAD-/120731778761?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item1c1c2cbec9

Interpet customer care

http://www.interpet.co.uk/support/interpet/

Hope that helps

nope not got the airflow thingys lol but thanks stampos i will email them and see what they say its causein a nightmare with sand lol

lol seffie just ordered some cheato from ebay and guess what u picked same link as one i bought :)

just got a new 1600l korllia as one in tank i think is in need of replacein as well as very very noisey but will get a nano if i get get 1 cheap secondhand so will keep eye on that one seffie :p

and thanks for interpets link send email now :)

also anyone no what corals i have in pics as im sure one is dead and the other one had now moved it self to bottom of tank lol

Tony

The one on the ground is xenia - take it off the sandbed and it will look better, hopefully stand up and pulse. The other on the rock, looks like pimples, is green star poylps (I suspect) and the other thing looks like it once was a leather of some sort, however, I am wondering if it is not actually dead, as they usually rot away pretty quick

Seffie x

well the other 2 are fine both been out today but the leather is still looking dead what should i do with it ?

think im goin to remove the skimmer as dont think ill need it as goin to do a weekly water change and place the cheato on the chamber where the skimmer is now

Tony

bit quiet on my post so thought id put some more pics up of few new bits i got today and also got my cheato today so removed my skimmer and put it in chamber 3

i think my 2 corals that are left looked bit happyer yesterday from the pics i put up

IMAG0308.jpg

well i changed my nano 1 1500lh for a new nano 1600lh tonight and its so much quieter its untrue lol

Most reactions

Back