Random Discussion

A member on my computer help forums posted something that I thought that I'd share. Especially @WhistlingBadger might find this of interest. ;0

----------------------- Copy of post from my forums ------------------------
I love seeing old Govt British WW2 propaganda reels/films from that era, i find them fascinating, never fully understood why but probably most likely due to when i was a young child around 5 or 6 years old my grandmother told me she used to deliver army parts around the UK in a 7.5 tonne army truck as part of the war effort... it kind of blew my mind because even though at the time it was the 1960's, women just didn't do those kind of jobs.

Anyway, because of that YouTube sometimes throws these sort of things at me... today i got another one about how you should drive trucks if you become an RAF driver and to be honest i found it a bit boring, but it did make me want to have a look at the other videos the Channel offered and i stumbled across this one.

If Jay hasn't already seen it i suspect he might be interested in it, actually if you're an American i think you might have an interest in it... it's definitely from a different era that's not that long ago! :)

"SUMMER IN WYOMING " 1940s HOME MOVIE UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING, SUMMER CAMP, CHEYENNE RODEO 44424
"Summer in Wyoming" is a silent, color home movie. The travelog-style film likely dates to the mid to late 1940s and takes the viewer around Wyoming. The film features footage beginning on the University of Wyoming Science Summer Camp campus before following a group of students and professors from the camp’s botany class through the rugged Wyoming wilderness. The film also features footage of Navajo Indians in the town of Cheyenne working on traditional jewelry, as well as shots from the famous Cheyenne Rodeo. While the film is silent, it does feature text cue cards that explain what the viewer is seeing...
The video description continues with time stamped links if you want to jump to a particular section.

The two big takeaways for me were, i bet Saratoga Wyoming looks nothing that now, and i'd never heard of Bill Carlisle, who, if the Wikipedia page is accurate then wow!

Here is an unusual flower. This is actually a sunflower but black and red instead of the normal yellow. Nor really very common from what I understand but real. I could die happy in a field of these things. ;)

sunflower.jpg

So I couldn’t find my pleco’s for like a week…. Finally started digging around and

IMG_4351.jpeg
IMG_4354.jpeg

Do yall think he can get out???

Every time one of my male Ancistrus vanishes, then shows up in a cave for more than a short period, he's tending to eggs or larvae. Once they get going, there can be a lot of young.

IMG_4367.gif

I’ve had these two for a year and half (bought them when they were like 1.5 inches long and didn’t know genders) and thought I lucked out when they never had a midnight disco

M-Maybe the midnight rendezvous is with the clown pleco….

Having guppies really burned me out on fry…
But dang it small bn pleco’s sound cute…

Finding homes for guppies can be hard, but Ancistrus are always in demand. Having livebearers breed can be a problem, but most catfish have a good market.

I sold 15 red coral dwarf platy juveniles to my lfs for $10 in store credit. I bought frozen blood worms with my booty. I figure I can do this transaction about every 6 weeks and get my self an Eheim heater for my new tank by the time winter arrives.

Every time one of my male Ancistrus vanishes, then shows up in a cave for more than a short period, he's tending to eggs or larvae. Once they get going, there can be a lot of young.

I got an adult male L181 recently, he's in QT still before he goes in with my two female L181s... in QT he's the only adult pleco, others are tiny babies still, but he's picked fav pleco cave already.

Lately when I go into the room at night, at least one of the girls will be against the tank glass on the front of her tank, opposite the QT tank, where my new boy (Bowie - since the girls are Ziggy and Stardust, the male's name struck me as soon as I popped his bag in the tank to temp acclimate!) is in quarantine, and he's lying on the sand at the front of the QT tank, eyeballing both me and her!

Reckon they're flirting already?

Just got a notice today that my internet will be going from 100Mb/sec to 300 Mb/sec later this month. The question is if I'll really see much of a difference as throughput is often more important than speed and a LOT of ISP outfits throttle the throughput so, even if your speed shows 100 or 300 Mb/sec that does not mean that you are effectively getting it. Still it is always better to go up than down. ;)

Most reactions

Back