Random Discussion

We’ve had the same plastic tree for like…. 20 years LOL. Seeing people dump real trees in the trash is so sad to me

We’ve had the same plastic tree for like…. 20 years LOL. Seeing people dump real trees in the trash is so sad to me
Actually, when I used to do live trees, I would buy with root bundles wrapped in canvas and dirt. After Christmas I would plant in a pre-dug hole in my yard. LOL! My yard had d a LOT of trees. ;) When I used to do this every tree survived and did well. :)

My parents would get cut trees and take down on New Years Eve day and chop up and burn in the fireplace for New Year Eve. Not really good for the flu and chimney but sure made the house smell good. ;)

Here in the states, for phone service I attach a device called a "magicjack" to my router/modem via a hdmi cable. I then hook the base phone of a set of 5 cordless phones to the device. I pay a total of $50 for a full year of VOIP for magicjack service. I only pay $25 a month for high speed internet.

We cut a real tree on the mountains every year. They say it's good for the forest, thinning out some of the smaller trees. The local landfill grinds up old ones for mulch, and Game and Fish dumps them in the lake to make underwater habitat for bass and walleyes. So not much gets wasted. Real trees are so much prettier than plastic ones...

Hey!!! Ditto! Except mine was for a layer cake. It's like a first grader tried to bake himself a cake with no supervision 🤣🤣🤣
Oh well.. At least it tastes ok...
My kitchen looked like an entire classroom of first graders were released with the only supervision being a tired teacher not paid enough to deal with it 😂😂

It’s a miracle there wasn’t a fire

IMG_8538.jpeg
Our throw up tree

As posted in another thread I ordered a new table lamp from Walmart. Initially the delivery date was something like December 6 or 7. Now it shows delivery on November 30 with bright red text next to the delivery date stating that my order is arriving early. This isn't an isolated case but happens just about every time I order from Walmart and the local store does not have the item.

I suppose this is a good marketing practice as one would be like "Oh cool! I'm getting it a week early." but don't they think that a consumer is going to catch on after it happens all the time? ;)
under promise and over-deliver. :)

We have a classic Charlie Brown tree struggling through its youth beside the garage. I put solar xmas lights on it, and now the dog won't go near that side of the yard. In the wind, it was pitching around like the ghost of a hippy dancer last night.

I wish we could have a real tree...but with my mother and I's allergies, we both know that is highly unlikely. Plus we have jerk cats who enjoy chewing, climbing, rubbing on, pawing/batting at, and overall just being buttholes. With our luck, one of them would end up knocking it down or finding a way for it to catch fire 🙄

I wish we could have a real tree...but with my mother and I's allergies, we both know that is highly unlikely. Plus we have jerk cats who enjoy chewing, climbing, rubbing on, pawing/batting at, and overall just being buttholes. With our luck, one of them would end up knocking it down or finding a way for it to catch fire 🙄
It'll be like that one scene from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
"If that thing had nine lives, it just spent them all"

Most reactions

Back