Random Discussion

Well yah... No one on a plane should carry any weapon besides maybe a taser for staff there... But no lethal weapons. If you think its "against human rights" to be searched for SAFTEY reasons before boarding, then dont ride a plane
Sky Marshalls are routinely armed with a side arm, not a taser

They were introduced after 9/11 across the US but have been a permanent setup aboard El-Al airliners (Israeli flag carrier airline) for around 60 years.

They were introduced after 9/11 across the US but have been a permanent setup aboard El-Al airliners (Israeli flag carrier airline) for around 60 years.
I dont even like the idea of that with the way people are these days. But I would want everyone to be scanned before entering a plane... Its a teensy bit of radiation. I went on two plane rides... One I was too young to remember and the second one I was older and I remember getting scanned... Ive also had docter's appointments and one I had an X-ray done... I have to say I trust the one at the airport way more than the one at the hospital with radiation...

This is probably how weapons get on planes. "No I will do the pat down"... Then someone shoots up a plane and crashes into a building like the white house
What the heck. They do the pat down very thoroughly and cover everywhere you could possibly hide a weapon.

What the heck. They do the pat down very thoroughly and cover everywhere you could possibly hide a weapon.
Yep...they even check the contents of a baby's nappy/diaper for anything illegal or dangerous

Its always a good idea to make sure that your baby or toddler is not over dressed as it can take a while to reach the nappy and have it checked thoroughly if the baby/toddler has lots of layers on

And they are dressed as normal people, you will never know if it was the person sitting right next to you, let alone if there’s one on your flight.

They will help prevent highjackers if the need arrises. The need for lethal weapons is absolutely there.

Yep...they even check the contents of a baby's nappy/diaper for anything illegal or dangerous

Its always a good idea to make sure that your baby or toddler is not over dressed as it can take a while to reach the nappy and have it checked thoroughly if the baby/toddler has lots of layers on
When I flew a couple weeks ago, they made me remove my hoodie so they could be absolutely sure. They also checked in every single pocket of the cargo pants I was wearing. They are very thorough.

And they are dressed as normal people, you will never know if it was the person sitting right next to you, let alone if there’s one on your flight.

They will help prevent highjackers if the need arrises. The need for lethal weapons is absolutely there.
I agree in that Sky Marshalls should be armed...however the flightcrew/cabincrew argument that being security checked is an infringement of their human rights is frankly a load of rubbish. They are humans just like the rest of the passengers and there are countless incidents of flightcrew/cabincrew going off the rails and and when that happens, absolute devastation is guaranteed.

When I flew a couple weeks ago, they made me remove my hoodie so they could be absolutely sure. They also checked in every single pocket of the cargo pants I was wearing. They are very thorough.
My one and only visit to the US was in 2008. I went to my forum owners wedding in Houston.

Granted a hurricane (Ike) had visited a few days before I did but I must admit to being very disappointed in the way security was handled at IAH both inbound and outbound 4 days later.

When I landed there wasn't anyone on passport control, an entire B747 load of us from Amsterdam waited around like spare parts for ages and eventually gave up waiting, walked through into the arrivals hall without anyone checking our documentation.

When I left I checked into the flight from the hotel and myself along with other wedding guests travelled together back to IAH. I was the only guest on an international flight. I walked into the terminal building, again no-one on security. I asked at the check in desks and was responded by a shrug of the shoulders. I waited for around 45 minutes and gave up. Walked up the escalators to departure lounge, all passengers were sat there as normal, flight was called. We hung back since no-one was gate checking documents. In the end the cabincrew came to get us. Again no security whatsoever and we took off for Amsterdam as planned.

That was not what I expected to experience from a major US international hub post 9/11.

Why are you getting x-rayed?

You need to try and avoid exposure to x-rays, including CAT scans. They are bad for you.

MRI and ultra sound are much safer options.
Ive had my fair share of all of those haha, and ultrasound. I was having a fluoroscopy done, my third one lol. I know its bad. Im probably radioactive by now ive had so many

Ive had my fair share of all of those haha, and ultrasound. I was having a fluoroscopy done, my third one lol. I know its bad. Im probably radioactive by now ive had so many
You can glow in the dark now! :rofl:

It's not the glow in the dark that concerns me about x-rays, it's the genetic damage they do to your tissue.

Every, please try to avoid unnecessary x-rays. They do permanent long term damage.
Well my genetics are already crap :rofl:

That is almost as bad as the Crazy Frog....almost as bad, but definitely close to Crazy Frog

Most reactions

Back