Random Discussion

I’m on my way home from picking up a 75 gallon tank... it was a last minute decision but I got a 75 gallon tank, lids, light, stand, Fluval 406, eheim heater, eheim automatic feeder, a bag of Anubias, and loads of extras for $150. “Extras” includes three albino Cories, 2 glow light tetras, and a red eye tetra. What have I done:blink::oops:
what a great deal...lucky you!

I’m on my way home from picking up a 75 gallon tank... it was a last minute decision but I got a 75 gallon tank, lids, light, stand, Fluval 406, eheim heater, eheim automatic feeder, a bag of Anubias, and loads of extras for $150. “Extras” includes three albino Cories, 2 glow light tetras, and a red eye tetra. What have I done:blink::oops:
Awesome deal! But uhhh... One question, how do you talk your mom into having a larger tank along with your other medium to small aquariums? Lol. Or does your house just have a ton of unused space that you mom allows aquariums in?

Speaking of shoes, I resell shoes as a side business and collect as a hobby. I’m also an avid sneakerhead.

You have hit maximum fishyness

You have hit maximum fishyness
I will have more:devil: nah, this tank is for my mom‘s fancy goldfish.
5374B4D1-6F29-467C-8F12-0C5DFE6E619F.jpeg

Awesome deal! But uhhh... One question, how do you talk your mom into having a larger tank along with your other medium to small aquariums? Lol. Or does your house just have a ton of unused space that you mom allows aquariums in?
Oh this has gone far beyond my aquariums... this is HER aquarium. I have my 3 aquariums (40, 20, 5), and she now has 4 of her own + temporary extra of mine (75, 29, 10, 3, 3). Little does she know, in reality this tank is mine, I just let her keep her goldfish in it:lol::hyper::devil:

Edit: In her defense, as soon as this tank is up and running and her koi go back out to the pond, the 29 and 10 gallon are getting packed up. She will likely sell the 29 to offset the cost of the 75. I will take my 10 back and keep it as backup, or maybe set it up with some guppies outside for the summer. It's just nice to have on hand. Then she will have her 75 goldfish tank and her 2x 3 gallon betta tanks.

It is honestly so fun. We do all our tanks together. I give her my "extra" plants (I tell er they are extra so she doesn't feel bad) and she drives me to the LFS. And we have a ton of fun in the process. It is neat, it gives us something to bond over.

Last edited:
Oh this has gone far beyond my aquariums... this is HER aquarium. I have my 3 aquariums (40, 20, 5), and she now has 4 of her own + temporary extra of mine (75, 29, 10, 3, 3). Little does she know, in reality this tank is mine, I just let her keep her goldfish in it:lol::hyper::devil:

Edit: In her defense, as soon as this tank is up and running and her koi go back out to the pond, the 29 and 10 gallon are getting packed up. She will likely sell the 29 to offset the cost of the 75. I will take my 10 back and keep it as backup, or maybe set it up with some guppies outside for the summer. It's just nice to have on hand. Then she will have her 75 goldfish tank and her 2x 3 gallon betta tanks. (also note, I have done eveything I can for her bettas. Between my mom and my 3 sisters, there were 5 bettas in their own 2 gallon unfiltered bowls. I have since convinced them all to get 3 gallon tanks with filters and live plants, so I am satisfied.)

It is honestly so fun. We do all our tanks together. I give her my "extra" plants (I tell er they are extra so she doesn't feel bad) and she drives me to the LFS. And we have a ton of fun in the process. It is neat, it gives us something to bond over.
I wish my mom wanted her own big aquarium that is secretly mine :rofl:

Edit: In her defense, as soon as this tank is up and running and her koi go back out to the pond, the 29 and 10 gallon are getting packed up. She will likely sell the 29 to offset the cost of the 75. I will take my 10 back and keep it as backup, or maybe set it up with some guppies outside for the summer. It's just nice to have on hand. Then she will have her 75 goldfish tank and her 2x 3 gallon betta tanks. (also note, I have done eveything I can for her bettas. Between my mom and my 3 sisters, there were 5 bettas in their own 2 gallon unfiltered bowls. I have since convinced them all to get 3 gallon tanks with filters and live plants, so I am satisfied.)

and then all those other pets you have, axilotl, birds, bunnies, cats dogs, etc etc etc

Just keep all your tanks at some stage you will need them;)

I am trying to decide if I make a journal or not... but I thought people would think this was crazy. All this Anubias was covered in disgusting black algae (Like everything else in the tank) but I scrubbed every single leaf individually snd this was the before and after. It had definitely been like that for a couple weeks.
8DA7ADBE-D0C4-44CE-A058-41D3205F5597.jpeg
4F700FDE-BAE2-45B4-BE53-DF3052C822C2.jpeg

Last edited:
I am trying to decide if I make a journal or not... but I thought people would think this was crazy. All this Anubias was covered in disgusting black algae (Like everything else in the tank) but I scrubbed every single leaf individually snd this was the before and after. It had definitely been like that for a couple weeks. It sounds like the guy travelled for work a little bit and his wife wasn’t able to maintain the aquarium, they listed it for sale snd then just let it go.View attachment 155484View attachment 155485
Wow! You gave that plant a makeover!

Wow! You gave that plant a makeover!
Definitely! It’s so sad, there are probably 5 massive Anubias in here, and they were all just neglected for weeks. They’re gorgeous, I really hope they come back.

Most reactions

Back