Planted Tank

well i just zoomed in on the original pic and iyt seems to be a red leaf but aint really sure

Healthy looking plants there, well done. Bear in mind you may need to re-home your Angels - especially the Altum. My pair of Silver Angels outgrew my 20" high 34g.

Are all those fish stocked in your 30g? I've calculated that your total fish stocking when fully grown will be about 94 inches. That's a litttle overstocked to put it politely.

Nice tank though.

good point and i have already given two of the angles two the lfs and i have moved the lemon tetra into a dif tank

Awesome! :thumbs: The plants have filled out nicely, I would add a foreground plant in there.

i have ordered a load of hairgrass from greenline so when that arrives i will be moving th emall pebbles and try and have a lawn instead

Hi Mike,

I just got my plants from Greenline too. I got one of the mixed sets for a 30 inch tank. Your design looks very good to me and I'm really jealous :) I'm really struggling with my design and to be honest I think my tank looks awful. Did you specifically choose plants? How many species do you have?

I'm wondering if my prob is there are too many different kinds of plants. But I expect some will not survive in time.

I've tried the basics of putting the big ones at the back and the smallest at the front, but it's just not working! Any tips?

Sam

Wow its coming along nicely :thumbs:

Post more pics when you add the hairgrass. :D

houndor- to be honest i do just the same as you i just put the big ones at the back and small ones at the front but what i also do is move them if there are in wrong place. i have learned from trial and error and asked questions on this site, if it wasnt for this site and certain members of this site i would still be buying plants that wernt fully aquatic and wondering why they were dying.
as for too many plants i end picking my fav and throwing the rest.

p.s. i look at pics for ideas aswell

What is greenline? Is it an online site? If not, does anyone know of a good online plant site with cheap shipping?

I got a shipment from greenline as well, they are excellent, my tank looks to crowded so i think its going to take time to make mine look good.

yours looks fab mate, keep it up.

greenline aquatics is an online/mail order place that does plants. But it's UK based. Not sure if they deliver abroad.

Most reactions

Back