Place Your Bets

nope, nothing .... grumpy Akasha. I wanna shout into the tank "stop playing games and get on with it!"

***NEWS***

Just after I posted I went to feed them and that's when I spotted 3 cory eggs on the glass hidden by a leaf from the tetra's. They are intact and look fertile. I'll keep you all posted as to who's the culprit this time but going by how frisky the panda's were last night my guess would be that it's them again

I've checked on the 3 new eggs today and two are now darkening. It looks like the 3rd isn't viable. They are also quite small eggs and so I am wondering whether the panda's are actually the culprits this time. They are cory eggs for sure but the fact that the eggs are smaller in size than the last bunch might point to an immature female?

it would have to swim a long way pepperjacksmama!

Both of them are very cute ... I never fail to be overawed by baby fish and their fight for survival

If you do get some panda coryd I might be in the market for some :)
Love this thread.

well the two new eggs hatched in the night. All I have this morning is two empty shells and no sign of the fry so I guess they are hiding. It's too early to know what type they are. They're currently in the other compartment away from the larger cory baby and tetra baby.

Asteria - I already have 6 panda's and I don't need anymore. If I can raise a few and you'd like them then we'll have a chat. I'd rather let them go to a good home than to the lfs where they could end up anywhere

That would be brilliant akasha. I have my fingers crossed for you.

thank you! I have the fingers crossed for the two newbies ... I hope they survive

okay ... confused dot com!!

I've just seen one of the new babies and it's black ... um ... no idea who the parents are then!

My bronzes are all male (I think anyway!) my peppered lot are old and havn't spawned in a long long time. The panda's and melini are white and so black babies?? that just leaves the smudges ... 
shout.gif

PepperjacksMama said:
Would the smudges be a bad thing?

Absolutely not no. It would be the greatest thing ever seen as I'm seriously struggling to get any more to up their numbers

Most reactions

Back