Pink and Green Parrot Fish

NeilRUFC

Reaction score
Hi

I bought 2 small Parrott fish the other week. At the time i colour dying did not cross my mind. One is lovely Pink colour - the other is a light Green colour. The other day i came across some pictures showing diffent coloured Parrott fish. Blue, Green, Red, Yellow etc etc. I was told that these fish have been dyed as Parrott fish are normally just a orangey red colour. Now i ive noticed on my green parrot. As hes getting bigger his/her coulor seems to be fading and there seems to be slight orangey colour patch on his/her body

Is this true? If so what should i do. I was at that shop last and they are stocking the fish but now they have little purple parrotts too

They will have been dyed. The dye will wear off eventually leaving them the natural orangey/brown colour.

I would ask the shop if they realise they are selling dyed fish, if they do and are fine with it I would boycott them for all goods and tell others as well as explaining how harmful dying fish is and how many fish die in the process and shortly after. If the shop does not know (which I doubt) tell them what I just said and see what they have to say about it.

As for your parrots, just keep an eye on them because dyed fish can be more suceptable to disease.

I am by no means an expert, but there are quite a few entries relating to this. See "Pink and green parrot fish".

I would suggest that you could try and take them back - although not strictly fair on your fish as you will obviously look after them well.

All you are left with is the option not to use that place to get fish again and let people you know who have fish so they don't go there either.

Sorry not to be of more help......

:thumbs:

I cannot belive it. Its rarely i use this shop as its about 30 to 40 minutes drive from house but thats not the point. The people behind the counter proberly know. They look bloody iffy blokes.

Thanks for your reply

oops meant flourescent pink tiger barbs...... thats what comes of being blonde!

hey leave the blonde out of it im blonde also :grr:

its a true mistake you made, u wernt to know that they were dyed... i find it hard to belive the the lfs owners didnt know tho :sly:

Most reactions

Back