Pics Of Unpacking: I Got A 50 Lb Box Of Corys This Morning!

Those are beautiful! They are huge too! Are they full grown or will they still get bigger?
After looking at the monster fish... the pandas look so tiny! They are super cute though.
Did you edit much?
Those pant... are really bright. Really cool!
Are there pics of the others?
Great pics! :wub:

Thanks, Tolak. I know Bryan will be pleased.

Not much editing on the new camera is needed most of the time. Sometimes more is needed, but usually the most is a crop and a one stop Smart Photo Fix. I even got some shots of the fry in the fry net. The fish in the bag only took a crop and a smart photo fix, but the last shot with the sterbai took more as it wasn't a good one, but it was cute.

I have a batch I took tonight, and downloaded, but they will wait a bit. I need to eat.

For Inchy:

C. areio
Not the greatest pics. I had the wrong lens on and was too lazy to change it.

Maybe it will go away if we ignore it.
PA120182-2.jpg

Is it gone yet?
PA120181-2.jpg

Dudes! I dont think it's working!
PA120180-2.jpg

For ICEEGRL:

untouched
PA120147.jpg

touched up badly
PA120147-2.jpg

Thats one of Frank's Aspidoras in the foreground

She can't see us here.
PA120150-2.jpg

Hi jollysue :)

They are gorgeous! :wub:

Aren't the brochis amazing? I can't help smiling whenever I see them. I like the C. areios much more than I thought i would, and the C. pantanalensis are a nice surprise. I didn't realize I would think them attractive at all.

I have to say that Bryan has sure come a long way with his packing since I started doing business with him. The fish in my recent order (except for one) all arrived safe and made the transition to my tanks easily. I'm very pleased and will be posting pictures of them on the other thread a little later on.

I have a weekend. I have a professional with 3 other fish men to move the tanks in one day.
This I really want to see pictures of! What luxury you enjoy! :p

Wow JollySue

That is one amazing order. Great pics of them so far. Can't believe how big some of them are. Monsters.

Looking forward to pics of the rest of the gang.

:D

Wow Jollysue, that is a lot of fish :blink:

Its great to see they arrived safely. Those C. areio and C. pantanalensis are very nice. And the Brochis are incredible like Inchworm has been saying. I need to get some more pictures of mine too.

Keep us updated on their progress and more pictures please :)

Sorry jollysue, but I've had to cut some posts from your thread. Since we want to keep this forum both informative and fun, I think it's best if the partys involved in the issue make their explanations directly to you via PM or email. I'm looking forward to finding out what conclusion you come to once you hear both sides.

I will be in touch with the two gentlemen involved to discuss this matter and trust that no other threads will be started to continue any argument.

Sorry jollysue, but I've had to cut some posts from your thread. Since we want to keep this forum both informative and fun, I think it's best if the partys involved in the issue make their explanations directly to you via PM or email. I'm looking forward to finding out what conclusion you come to once you hear both sides.

I will be in touch with the two gentlemen involved to discuss this matter and trust that no other threads will be started to continue any argument.

Really nice to have you back, Inchy.

Thanks, Y'all, for looking and the nice comments.

Yes, Straydum, long fin pandas! I have a few already, but I saw one of my first lf panda ladies had started to "round out," and saw her dancing briefly with a young male, so I decided to a order a small different batch from Bryan. These new ones are very nice and seem stronger than my first ones from another source. I have some regular farm bred lps pandas in the same tank. I really have not determined where to put them now. I will need eventually to separate them.

Thankyou, Barracuda, for encouraging me to get the multiradiatus. They are really very nice. They will be stars in any tank--but a carefully selected tank. For now they are in a Tall 25 usg glass Marineland tank w/ an Eclipse hood. They will probably go to a 20 long in the future. They barely have room to go 5 paces and turn around.

The pantanalesis are really unusual. The female is the orangy/pinky solidish color, while the male is mottled when stressed or sexually excited. It is fairly easy to see the difference.

I like the little julii more than I thought I would. Very cute little faces and a small Cory. I would think they will be about the size of my caudamaculatus. I can't watch them much as they are presently on the bottom of a wire shelving unit like Polardbear's in a hallway. I got them as a "be nice to Bryan" offering, to excite ICEEGRL, and because the price was difficult to ignore.

The areio are very nice. They are not tiny (although not like the monsters.) They are longish like Scleromystax. They are a little retro and not like any of my other Cories, although similar to the Scleromystax that I have from Frank. When they settle down a bit, I will take new pics. I want to pic up some 10 gal tanks. Those will be easy to move.

Speaking of moving. Yes, the move will be frantic, but I feel confident that Richard will do me right and I will have minimal losses if any. He is much more cautious than I am concerning the tank stress and keeping old water. He has moved lots of fish as he has a small African and Betta lfs and fish shipping business. I have bought most of my tanks from or through him. I also have mostly acrylic tanks. They are an investment, but when they have to be moved, I am glad I invested in them.

I will take some pics today of the moving "Luxury" I enjoy, Inchy :rofl: !

Once again I have motor written. :blush:

Thankyou, Barracuda, for encouraging me to get the multiradiatus. They are really very nice. They will be stars in any tank--but a carefully selected tank. For now they are in a Tall 25 usg glass Marineland tank w/ an Eclipse hood. They will probably go to a 20 long in the future. They barely have room to go 5 paces and turn around.

Great looking fish, Jollysue. Those multiradiatus make my splendens look tiny. They are nearly the size of my big pulcher. That's pretty huge. I feel better about them going into a 30g long, though. I think the extra space would be great for them, and the footprint isn' much bigger. It is a hard tank size to find, though. If I had to do it again, I'd house my large cories in a 40g breeder or even a 55g, rather than the 36g bowfront I've got them in now. It has been extremely difficult moving around hardscape in this tank and I had another wood mishap and lost one of my pulcher. :sad: Fortunately, things were fixed and now everything is stable (no more falling wood or hidden caves that fish can get stuck in :sick: ), but it is much easier hardscaping a rectangular tank. Live and learn.

Good luck on the move! I was actually getting rid of fish before I moved from IL to FL, not adding fish. :fun:

llj

The breeding tank is a great idea, lljdma! I had just mentiond an interest in one. With a fish room it is a possibility--in the middle of the room--maybe 2 stacked! :hyper: I think the fishroom will be the computer room, too.

Yes, I placed the order before they let me know that the apartment was available. I have been waiting for that apartment most of the year as well as some of the fish. Fortunately, it is just down the sidewalk fom this one.

If the suessi are ready and must be shipped before I move, I will probably get them and the wild caught C. longipinnus, too, just to beat Barracuda out! :p

Yes both of those new fish are larger than the B. splendens, but the multis are about 4" + w/o the T long by 3" or so high--maybe and large bodied. I think they will get bigger, because the females are not much bigger yet. Size wise the only fish I have that compares is an Tanganyikan compressecep and he is smaller and doesn't have the bulk. More like a 5" oscar perhaps. The male patanalensis is reticulated like a dwarf blue gourami.

Actually Barracuda got my inerest up, but Bryan's recommendation swayed me to the new Brochis,pantanalensis, and the areio, then Inchy confirmed it. But you, lljdma are the launcher of the "big cats" interest. ;)

The breeding tank is a great idea, lljdma! I had just mentiond an interest in one. With a fish room it is a possibility--in the middle of the room--maybe 2 stacked! :hyper: I think the fishroom will be the computer room, too.

Actually Barracuda got my inerest up, but Bryan's recommendation swayed me to the new Brochis,pantanalensis, and the areio, then Inchy confirmed it. But you, lljdma are the launcher of the "big cats" interest. ;)

I know, I know. What can I say? I'm awesome! A few weeks ago, a LFS I frequent was selling these exact breeders for pretty cheap. They make great display tanks. I was too poor to purchase, and now I'm too busy. I'd still love two stacked, simple planted setups, like the ones I have now. All you need is a 30W strip light, wood, some tough plants, rootabs, and a powerhead, and boom! Instant corydora tank.

The money situation is much better now, and hurricane season is nearly over, so I'm now thinking about acquiring some new fish, especially to rebuild what I had lost to wood accidents (two Brochis, one Pulcher) in my 36g. They are stupid creatures sometimes. I'm also still considering a species for my 20g high that has tetras now, but what to add? The Brochis are too big. Pygmies are a bit too small, but I want a good school, at least 10 individuals. I had thought Sterbai, as they'll do extremely well in the Summers in Miami, but I wonder about them in the Winter? We don't use heat and the room temperature can get low, mid-60s for a few days out of the year. The rest of the Winter, it stays at around 72 or so. In the Summer, a few days out of the year, the temperature can spike to near 80, and when there's a power outage in the Summer, which isn't often, higher. Sorry to bother, but I'm thinking aloud. The tetras are fine with the temperature changes.

llj

Most reactions

Back