Pearls Of The Antilles... Llj's Planted Marine

Got this...

a5668759.jpg

Much better, IMO. Saw the smaller one, the 550 and said, nah, get the 750 for $5 more. :good:

llj

Lol more surface movement

looking good llj, can't wait for the next update! :good:

OK... Guess what I got...

a7dc0031.jpg

Two 30lb bags of Aragonite Aragamax sand (sugar sized grains...)

e1c97957.jpg

I think I'll need a third bag. I forgot I now have two tanks and I want a 4" sandbed in the 36g... :rolleyes:

I also got my salt. Went with RedSea Coral Pro Salt.

a0895471.jpg

More RO/DI water is being made, so I'll have more than enough water to begin mixing salt and practicing using my Refractometer.

Starting to come together... Need to look into ordering my LR. Will be doing some shopping around this weekend.

llj

Good to see things moving - I added my first CUC yesterday, it's great to have some critters in :)

Do you have a TDS meter on your RO? Would be interested to know what your TDS is going in, as I live in a very hard water part of the UK and it can be over 700 going in :sad:

Koralias are good, but can be noisy. I much prefer Tunze, though they are more dollar.

Good choice on the salt :good:

Good to see things moving - I added my first CUC yesterday, it's great to have some critters in :)

Picture? Hello, pictures? :lol:

Do you have a TDS meter on your RO? Would be interested to know what your TDS is going in, as I live in a very hard water part of the UK and it can be over 700 going in :sad:

Koralias are good, but can be noisy. I much prefer Tunze, though they are more dollar.

I purchased a handheld TDS meter from that fabulous lfs. Wasn't too expensive.

TDS from the source water - 224

TDS after the RO/DI process - 0 :yahoo:

700! That's just insane Chillipepper, insane. :crazy:

My Koralias aren't that noisy. They are not as powerful as I thought they'd be. They are ok, but not super powerful. But... I can't afford a Tunze. Those are pricey.

Another salt brand was recommended, but it's was a UK brand. I can get RedSea Coral Pro easily in the US.

llj

Picture? Hello, pictures? :lol:

I purchased a handheld TDS meter from that fabulous lfs. Wasn't too expensive.

TDS from the source water - 224

TDS after the RO/DI process - 0 :yahoo:

700! That's just insane Chillipepper, insane. :crazy:

My Koralias aren't that noisy. They are not as powerful as I thought they'd be. They are ok, but not super powerful. But... I can't afford a Tunze. Those are pricey.

Another salt brand was recommended, but it's was a UK brand. I can get RedSea Coral Pro easily in the US.

llj

I know, I really should be into African Cichlids. Think they'd love my water :lol:

I like the Coral Pro salt. I prefer to get an allrounder so I don't have to dose extras for my corals :good:

This salty stuff is addictive!

It is, did you see my other two journals? Yes, it's very nice. It's also quite a bit easier for me with regard to materials. Finding good plants is so hard to do.

llj

It is, did you see my other two journals? Yes, it's very nice. It's also quite a bit easier for me with regard to materials. Finding good plants is so hard to do.

llj

Tank is salted, sg of 1.025. I'm getting my LR today and putting in my sand... :yahoo:

So what have I missed then?

I just added the LR, I'll post pictures in a bit they are uploading now, I've posted livestock lists for my picos though, to entertain you until then.

llj

Most reactions

Back