Our Journey To The Salty Side - Part One

Sis, I think your rockscape is lovely, glad you decided not to move it around :good:

Seffie x aka big sis

:fish:

I have today got 3, yes 3 new corals, 1 yellow polyp to replace the one I lost and 2 gorgeous ric's, I got them from a place Jennybugs recommended. I am so please with them :drool:

You can see the orange ric in background but blue one is out of focus, can't seem to get good photo of it :rolleyes:

IMG_0373.JPG

Yellow polyp

IMG_0371.JPG

Yellow polyp with my little mandarin having a sniff at it :drool:

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

And just cos I think she is gorgeous here is Fizz on her own :good:

wow hey folks!
iam so jealous ...
looking great i luv rics!
cant wait yay!
Cuc arrives 2 day!!

Kip

Nice shots Trod. Good work finding a healthy mandarin like that which seems to have a nice fat belly. Very tough to do in a nano, w2g :good:

Thanks Guys, really appreciate your comments :good:

As some of you my know I haven't had moonlights working for sometime, seffie sent me some info from flea bay for SINGLE 300mm LED LIGHT BAR FOR MARINE FISH CORAL REEF, I bought them and they are terrific, really good effect, if anyone is looking for some lights I would recommend them, think they do other colours too :good:

Looking good guys.

Love the yellow polyp there...i got some beautiful blue zoas on my new addition only wish i could send them over. Mandarin looks lovely, i saw a ripper eating frozen at my LFS today that I had to resist buying...but just reminded myself that i can have one when i get a bigger tank...but they are so cute :). Nice coraline too :).

My lovely Milly, Molly Mandy has died - I was just starting to think, maybe she would survive the awful start she had. Switched on the lights this morning and there she was............................

I will not be buying another unless I can find a baby like Trod did that was tank bred and eating frozen (even though my big girl was eating frozen it just wasn't enough to save her - the damage had been done :crazy: )

Still, at least i know she had some happy times hunting pods in my tank - must admit to feeling really :sad:

Seffie x

:fish:

Really sorry to hear that :( Thats why I gave my scooter blenny away because even though it was eating frozen food unless I target fed it at least once a day it just didnt get enough.

:< EEEEEEKKKKKKK something is eating my pink xenia, any idea guys, haven't seen anything, but I suspect a hitch hicker has come in with my new corals. :crazy:

Why do you think it is being eaten? Dont think I have ever heard of anything that eats xenia (though Im sure there probably is).

Edit: That doesnt read quite right, sorry. When I say what makes you think it is being eaten is it because bits of it (such as heads or stalks) are going missing or whole parts of it?

Yes the heads, and some stalks look as though they have been eaten, they have just gone :unsure: I just assumed they were being eaten, could it be something else, I have another xenia on the other side of the tank and thats fine.

Picture isn't great but you can see some of the heads that have gone
IMG_0380.JPG

Slightly better picture
IMG_0378.JPG

Most reactions

Back