Other hobbies

They do have hot weather leathers for motorbike riders. A quick Google search brings up a heap of places that sell them, and the link below is from an ABC science show in 2016 about the subject.

Even though full leathers (pants, jacket, boots and globes) are hot in summer, it can mean the difference between permanent scarring and skin transplants.

Helmets should be compulsory in any country.

There also needs to be better laws so other motorists have harsher penalties if they clean up a bike rider, as well as better driver training for all motorists. Over 90% of motorbike riders that get injured on their bikes, are hit by motorists that aren't focusing on what is happening. And because the impact is between a 1.5 tonne car with built in safety cells and lots of other safety features, vs a person on a bike, we all know who is gonna come off second best.

Motorbikes and associated clothing needs to be brighter coloured so the riders and bikes stand out better on the road. When you have people on black bikes, wearing black leathers, on a black road, it makes it harder to spot the rider. Having bright coloured leathers or even wearing a fluoro yellow or pink safety vest can go a long way to helping other motorists see the riders. But there's always going to be some ahole that doesn't look and pulls straight out into a bike going through an intersection.
Then you have the idiots that literally try to chase down bikes. I used to have a pouch of 1/2 inch led fishing split shot fishing weights for defense that I used once. This person in a car was actually trying to chase me down to wreck me. Reached in the pouch and grabbed a handful of sinkers. Tossed over my shoulder and the chase ended. The weights would not shatter a wind shield and kill anyone but would sure put in cracks and destroy a radiator...

Actually I think I can go one better than that

Many many moons ago when I owned motorcycles, I decided to ride my newly restored CB900F2B to work since it was a nice day and all that

Stupidly...again cos it was very warm weather...I had my visor up

The biggest, baddest moodiest hornet flew right into the front of my helmet...a seriously angry amount of buzzing, the quickest emergency stop in the history of motorcycling with accompanying expletive stream...whipped helmet off before the hornet took a fancy to my face....

Breathed a sigh of relief as the hornet pulled itself together and flew off......then damned thing turned around, came back as if to tell me in no uncertain terms to keep my visor shut in future and stung me...right below the eye

By the time I got to work I looked like I had done 30 rounds with Mike Tyson.

Needless to say that was the last time I ever rode with the visor up.....once stung, twice shy.
I feel your pain. I used to keep bees and didn't notice I had a hole in the face veil. At first it felt like silk brushing across my cheek then I realised what it was and slapped it... BIG, BIG, BIIIIIIG mistake! The scent released caused an influx of bees into my mask, I must have looked a sight running down the garden beating at my head. Looked like Desperate Dan for ages.

Ah ok... Biker companies should research on a body suit that can stay cool during summer so that way bikers will want to wear it and be safe while driving. My uncle got into a very bad bike accident and ever since has not been able to ride his bike due to complications. Another one of my family members broke several bones and a part of their neck in a bike accident. (Bot decided not to wear their helmets)
I'd buy that. My hubbie had 6mths off work courtesy of a female not checking her mirrors. He had full kit on and still ended up with broken vertebrae, ribs, metatarsals, a DVT, partially collapsed lungs etc etc. His bike was written off and mine got stolen a bit later, both we'd had for 16yrs. Every time a bike goes past I get wel jel. Probably won't ever get new ones now though.

Then you have the idiots that literally try to chase down bikes. I used to have a pouch of 1/2 inch led fishing split shot fishing weights for defense that I used once. This person in a car was actually trying to chase me down to wreck me. Reached in the pouch and grabbed a handful of sinkers. Tossed over my shoulder and the chase ended. The weights would not shatter a wind shield and kill anyone but would sure put in cracks and destroy a radiator...
Yup, I had a guy in a BMW try and put me in a field, cops were useless as he didn't actually physically touch me. I extended the screws out my sliders enough that I could put a nice scratch down the side of the next car that decided it would be fun to torment me.

Yup, I had a guy in a BMW try and put me in a field, cops were useless as he didn't actually physically touch me. I extended the screws out my sliders enough that I could put a nice scratch down the side of the next car that decided it would be fun to torment me.
Why would someone do that!? I mean they know their putting lives in danger!

Dunno, he found it hilarious though. He drove a BMW, nuff said... apologies to those of you that have / like beemers, just seem to have an issue with them (and Audi's) lol

Dunno, he found it hilarious though. He drove a BMW, nuff said... apologies to those of you that have / like beemers, just seem to have an issue with them (and Audi's) lol
Well a lot of people that have sporty cars like to show them off... And sometimes not in the smartest way

People are aholes and motorists (car drivers) don't always like bike riders (motorbike or cyclists).

I used to cycle and had motorists try to run me down all the time. I had a guy in a red 4wd pull up next to me and abuse me threatening to kill me. He claimed I was blocking the traffic even though I was in a cycle lane and he was in the middle of 2 lanes doing 20kph down a main road during peak hour traffic. There was traffic building up behind him while he drove in both lanes, hanging out the passenger window threatening to kill me. After several minutes of this he swerved into me and knocked me onto the verge. He pulled up at the lights and I got up and took photos of his vehicle. The Police were called and did nothing about it claiming they had no evidence or witnesses even though there were hundreds of vehicles behind him and the photographs I took. I took the photos after he had side swiped me.

I had another motorist in a blue Ford Falcon sedan run into the back of me as I was cycling around a round-about. After we exited the round-about he side swiped me into the kerb, pulled up, got out and came over to bash me because I was on his road and in his way. When I got up he saw how big I was and I then threatened to smash his fuplie head in for running me down. He got in his car and took off. That was reported to the police as well and they wanted to arrest me for threatening the motorist even though he did a hit and run and threatened me first.

I had a guy in a brown 4wd knock me off my bike when I was going through an intersection. He didn't stop and drove off (hit and run).

I had a white sedan drive up the back of me when I was cycling through an intersection. The car kept going and left me for dead on the road. No witnesses or help from anybody there.

I had a guy in a white ute pull out of a side street knocking me down. He kept going and witnesses everywhere but again, nobody helped me or saw anything.

I had an Asian lady pull out of a side street in front of me. She didn't stop at the stop sign and simply drove up and out into the intersection in front of me. She was waving at me as I ran into the back of her vehicle. She continued to drive off (another hit and run).

Another Asian lady used to pull out of a side street near my house. She knew I was there but didn't care. It went on for months and one day I had my camera running as I was cycling along. She pulled out in front of me and drove off. I followed her and caught up with her at her house, which was up the road from my place. I asked why she didn't give way to me. She dribbled on in Chinese pretending not to understand me. After several minutes of this I held up my camera and said "I have it on video and am going to the police". I got on my bike and as I was about to ride off, she goes "hey mate, wait, wait". And she said it in a beautiful Australian accent. She never pulled out in front of me again.

There are motorist that think the roads belong to them and nobody else should be allowed on them, especially if they aren't in a big car.

People are aholes and motorists (car drivers) don't always like bike riders (motorbike or cyclists).

I used to cycle and had motorists try to run me down all the time. I had a guy in a red 4wd pull up next to me and abuse me threatening to kill me. He claimed I was blocking the traffic even though I was in a cycle lane and he was in the middle of 2 lanes doing 20kph down a main road during peak hour traffic. There was traffic building up behind him while he drove in both lanes, hanging out the passenger window threatening to kill me. After several minutes of this he swerved into me and knocked me onto the verge. He pulled up at the lights and I got up and took photos of his vehicle. The Police were called and did nothing about it claiming they had no evidence or witnesses even though there were hundreds of vehicles behind him and the photographs I took. I took the photos after he had side swiped me.

I had another motorist in a blue Ford Falcon sedan run into the back of me as I was cycling around a round-about. After we exited the round-about he side swiped me into the kerb, pulled up, got out and came over to bash me because I was on his road and in his way. When I got up he saw how big I was and I then threatened to smash his fuplie head in for running me down. He got in his car and took off. That was reported to the police as well and they wanted to arrest me for threatening the motorist even though he did a hit and run and threatened me first.

I had a guy in a brown 4wd knock me off my bike when I was going through an intersection. He didn't stop and drove off (hit and run).

I had a white sedan drive up the back of me when I was cycling through an intersection. The car kept going and left me for dead on the road. No witnesses or help from anybody there.

I had an Asian lady pull out of a side street in front of me. She didn't stop at the stop sign and simply drove up and out into the intersection in front of me. She was waving at me as I ran into the back of her vehicle. She continued to drive off (another hit and run).

Another Asian lady used to pull out of a side street near my house. She knew I was there but didn't care. It went on for months and one day I had my camera running as I was cycling along. She pulled out in front of me and drove off. I followed her and caught up with her at her house, which was up the road from my place. I asked why she didn't give way to me. She dribbled on in Chinese pretending not to understand me. After several minutes of this I held up my camera and said "I have it on video and am going to the police". I got on my bike and as I was about to ride off, she goes "hey mate, wait, wait". And she said it in a beautiful Australian accent. She never pulled out in front of me again.

There are motorist that think the roads belong to them and nobody else should be allowed on them, especially if they aren't in a big car.
People are insane...

I had a guy in a white ute pull out of a side street knocking me down. He kept going and witnesses everywhere but again, nobody helped me or saw anything.

It’s so freakin’ annoying. I was for a short while a driving instructor (my blood pressure couldn’t take it), and I remember a client pulling out of a junction and when I asked why they thought it was clear replied “if it’s not you’ll stop me”. Funnily enough 4 times to pass their test and when I saw then a few months afterwards their nice sparkly new car had a massive dent in the side.

I used to tell people that driving is a priviledge, and that they were learning to drive an x tonne killing machine so they needed to take that priviledge seriously. They used to look at me with open mouths, I don’t think they get what a serious responsibility being able to drive is.

I honestly think people should be made to ride something that makes them vulnerable on the road, then perhaps they’d be more considerate once they get behind the wheel of a car.

It’s so freakin’ annoying. I was for a short while a driving instructor (my blood pressure couldn’t take it), and I remember a client pulling out of a junction and when I asked why they thought it was clear replied “if it’s not you’ll stop me”. Funnily enough 4 times to pass their test and when I saw then a few months afterwards their nice sparkly new car had a massive dent in the side.

I used to tell people that driving is a priviledge, and that they were learning to drive an x tonne killing machine so they needed to take that priviledge seriously. They used to look at me with open mouths, I don’t think they get what a serious responsibility being able to drive is.

I honestly think people should be made to ride something that makes them vulnerable on the road, then perhaps they’d be more considerate once they get behind the wheel of a car.
Make them ride a motorcycle BUT it is built like a regular bicycle 🤣

Make them ride a motorcycle BUT it is built like a regular bicycle 🤣
They have them, motorised bicycles. They sell kits online and you use a chainsaw or whipper snipper motor and attach it to the bike's frame. un a throttle cable to the handlebars and put a fuel tank on it. They stink, make lots of noise, and are illegal here, but people still use them.

They have them, motorised bicycles. They sell kits online and you use a chainsaw or whipper snipper motor and attach it to the bike's frame. un a throttle cable to the handlebars and put a fuel tank on it. They stink, make lots of noise, and are illegal here, but people still use them.
I know. I was saying to make all those savages ride those bikes with cars behind them and on the side 😅

Most reactions

Back