Omega One Flakes - Getting Stuck In Mouths?

NeonBlueLeon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey folks,

For the past few weeks, I have been using Omega One Tropical Freshwater Flakes.  I noticed during feeding, the flakes look like they get stuck in the mouths of my fish, especially the smaller ones (rummynose tetras).  Does this happen to anyone else?  It seems a bit strange when my fishies swim around the tank with flakes hanging out of their mouths.

I bought these flakes because most folks seem to think they are a high quality flake food.  They replaced some half-year old Tetra Color Enhancing Tropical Flakes.  I checked the expiration date for the Omega One flakes; they don't expire until April of 2016.

Thanks for any help!

Very good quality ingredients, try crushing the flakes a bit with your fingers if thypey seem to large.

Thanks for the advice.  They do seem to have no trouble with the smaller pieces.  When I feed, I actually feed a combination of the Omega One flakes and those exact NLS pellets.  The flakes are intended for my guppies since the like to chomp at floating stuff.  The pellets are meant to be for the rummynoses since they are more comfortable grabbing food in the water column.  The exact opposite happens when I feed.  Guppies go for the tiny pellets and rummynoses pull down the flakes.  Oh fishies..
fish.gif

That sounds about right! My rummynose tetras like to drag away the shrimp pellets intended for the corys. Sigh. :p

Most of my fish, even when totally full, will grab on to whatever else they can, and carry it in their mouths until a little space clears up in their stomach whereafter they swallow down whatever is hanging out of their mouths.   My dwarf puffers swim around with little bloodworms hanging out their mouths for 20 minutes sometimes LOL

That is hilarious Ech! I had no idea fish would do that. How cute :p

Most reactions

Back