Of Goes All Salty.....

Hi,okie dokey just a quickie (no rude wit from you Seffie) lol.Can anyone tell me are these Aptaisia?? i have them in little colonies in around 5 spots in my tank and also on some LR that has gone into my frag tank from Yf's tank whilst he waits on his new tank.
Sorry the pictures are not that great as they are so small its hard to get a good shot :crazy:
20jlmo7.jpg

2agnor7.jpg

2el8582.jpg

f48t5.jpg

675dt5.jpg

Thay do look like little feather dusters to me,but do feather dusters clump in colonies?? And do they come in this colour??
Thanks

OF :good:

Hi,okie dokey just a quickie (no rude wit from you Seffie) lol.

Me :blush: surely not!!

They are not feather duster i'm afraid :crazy: certainly look like aiptasia to me - get the soldering iron and burn the boogers :devil:

Seffie x

ps

out of the tank

Personally, I dont think there Aiptasias. They have alot more poylps on the head than the aiptasia I have seen. But I could be wrong. Time for the joes juice I reckon.

Well, you are there YF, could they be yellow zoas? But more likely to be aiptaisia

Seffie x

There no zoas, could be yellow clove polyps. But im sure apit of joes juice will determine what they are!

My dads shooting the stuff as we speak, oh and spilling the good old salty water all over his chair. Good Ol' Dad :p

HaHa son,i should have skin like cleopatra how much my arms have been in salt water this last month lol,everyday i come home theres something else for me to do in my trusty ole tank :shifty:
As for the aiptasia...................... WOOSHhhhhhh!! as if by magic the mighty warrior AKA Joe's Juice has done its almighty best and wiped it out.I'll just double check tommorrow,but i swear by this stuff theres just no way it cant be beaten :shout:
Thanks for your help Seffie o wise woman of the OF journal lol bless you :hey:
ALL HAIL JOES JUICE :hooray:

Just a quick updated picture of my tank........
2vxnhw6.jpg

11gkm4z.jpg

Indeed, I agree with Bae and Ben, looking fab :good: BUT a word of caution and a little wager, some of those boogers will have moved and will come out else where on the rock, so keep a close eye out for them to reappear

Seffie x

Ok advice needed asap pleaseeeee .....
My son aka Yf is trying to palm off his Orchid Dotty Back onto me after finding it can be aggressive.One slight problem is that this was one of the 1st fish the wife liked when visiting our LFS.But i dont want to add to my tank if its going to create me problems with future stocking? At the moment i have a Maroon striped clown,a leopard wrasse and a fiji blue damsel who all seem to tolerate each other without any problems.Soooooooo do i introduce Yf's fish to my tank??

They are one of the least agressive dottybacks - and I agree with your wife, they are lovely - if it were me I would put it in and think myself lucky I got such a lovely fish free :good:

Seffie x

ps i am still thinking about adding a pair to my tank

Most reactions

Back