Nutrafin Co2 Basic User Guide

To promote this method myself, after the 1st sachet was fine but the 2nd two refused to do anything, I got some yeast today and as described within 10 mins I had bubbles! I reckon my 40p pair of sachets have enough in to last 6-8 weeks!

To promote this method myself, after the 1st sachet was fine but the 2nd two refused to do anything, I got some yeast today and as described within 10 mins I had bubbles! I reckon my 40p pair of sachets have enough in to last 6-8 weeks!

:D

now your learning! :p

Seems much better with the DIY kits than the premade bought kits!

Any1 know if the diy setup would be okay to use in a hydor natural co2 unit, I have two hydor units connected to my 200 litre tank and Im fed up of having to order refills online. I dont know if the hydor unit are bigger than the nutrafin ones so I may have to use more yeast not sure.

Can anyone help.

:D

now your learning! :p

Seems much better with the DIY kits than the premade bought kits!

Well, I had no yeast to begin with, so the sachets were worth a try. Tried them, useless, won't bother with them again!

I would think the DIY method will be fine with any similar system, at a guess the Nutrafin bottle is about 1 pint? I'll measure next time I refill.

I just bought one of the Hagen systems on Tuesday and it seems to be working OK so far. However, the bubbles seem to be getting stuck on the ladder and congregating into very large bubbles on each layer. Is it possible that I do not have the ladder straight?

Also, how hard must your water be to not have to add the "Stabilizer"?

Im having a bit of a problem with my diy co2 . The very first day I was getting a constant supply of bubbles every 2 seconds but ever since 4 days on ive been getting a burst of about 24 bubbles every 25-30 seconds is this okay??? I thought you are suppose to get a constant supply of bubbles surely every few seconds surely the way my bubble are coming out this is unstable???

Have you got a check valve? It might be that its to strong, i.e. it stops letting CO2 through and so the pressure buildings up behind it. Then when the pressure gets high enough it forces its way through releasing the Co2 in one burst?

Sam

Ive had mine set up for 24 hours and theres just a few small bubbles, so Im gonna use the formula here as well.

Quick question - Im setting this up in a 20 gallon HIGH tank. Would you guys reccoment keeping the tube at the lower,middle or high setting for this type of tank?

Thanks for the help.

edit: Bubbles in 20 minutes. Thanks!!

Wish I had read through this thread sooner!
We're going grocery shopping tomorrow so will definitely have to pick us up some yeast.
We set up our system and I haven't seen a bubble yet. Probably too cold though considering that our heater is broken and we're getting freakishly cold weather :\

Wow very nice, I am at work reading through this, priorities I have them straight. Anywho just called my LFS and have one set aside for when i get home. LFS, grocery store, fish tank. Cant wait to get home.

I placed the system into my tank last night. Within 15 minutes i saw my first bubble and there after a bubble every mnute or two, soon the whole ladder was laced with rolling bubbles. I also took the advice of the post and added a circular cut scrub pad to the canister and have had no yeast overflow into the tank, as of yet anyway.

Hey all, I have the Ferplast canister, and want to get in on this better cheaper co2 lark, whats the weight of the sugar in the nutrafin canister and how much water is used so I can reverse engineer it :rolleyes: , The ferplast canister is 150grams of sugar and 400 ml of tepid water.

PS, I ordered some Dessert wine yeast which apparently has a higher alcohol tolerance and might last longer, so I'll let you all know.

Tah.

Hey all, I have the Ferplast canister, and want to get in on this better cheaper co2 lark, whats the weight of the sugar in the nutrafin canister and how much water is used so I can reverse engineer it :rolleyes: , The ferplast canister is 150grams of sugar and 400 ml of tepid water.

PS, I ordered some Dessert wine yeast which apparently has a higher alcohol tolerance and might last longer, so I'll let you all know.

Tah.

Used the desset Wine Yeast last night, in my two Ferplast canisters, it seemed a bit slow at first till I noticed the bottoms had popped on the canisters from over pressurisation (trapped hose!!! ) lucky I spotted it, as soon as I untrapped the hose it went ballistic, well ovewr 60 bpm, I lost count and its just as fast this morning, luckiloy I have the Ferplast energy diffuser so over night the co2 simply bubbles off.

I have a drop checker coming this week so I can see what affect its having, so far so good though, I'll have to let you all know how long it lasts.

Tah.

Used the desset Wine Yeast last night, in my two Ferplast canisters, it seemed a bit slow at first till I noticed the bottoms had popped on the canisters from over pressurisation (trapped hose!!! ) lucky I spotted it, as soon as I untrapped the hose it went ballistic, well ovewr 60 bpm, I lost count and its just as fast this morning, luckiloy I have the Ferplast energy diffuser so over night the co2 simply bubbles off.

I have a drop checker coming this week so I can see what affect its having, so far so good though, I'll have to let you all know how long it lasts.

Drop Checker comfirms a nice green for good co2, next test is to see how long it lasts, will also try more sugar on the next update.

Most reactions

Back