NEW UK MEETING

I suggested Birmingham Sea Life centre for you ppl last time... No one ever listens to me! :p lol

Just had to mention that, dont think id be able to go! :D

Went to the sealife centre a couple of weeks ago, i really enjoyed it. They have a huge seahorse breeding programme which was cool :nod:

Vixen said:
lol, im with paul on that lol, i didnt mean tooooo far like scotland! i meant like birmingham :*)
My point was that people from Scotland are active on this forum. Therefore, too far South would be out of the question for them (and me, in Newcastle).

Can we find an actual middle point this time? In fact, I think it might be an idea to look at the old topics from last time.

The general consensus appeared to be London, but the middle ground was further north and I don't know how many people were actually able to make it.

JMO

Ok heres a sugestion.

What about 2 meets, one north one south, if the numbers are there.

I know I can't do anything more than 2 hours from Salisbury wiltshire.

ferrikins said:
What about 2 meets, one north one south, if the numbers are there.
We talked about that last time and pretty much decided against it. Makes a divide, IMO it's better to try and get us all together. It's not exactly a big set of countries.

There was a cool map last time where everyone posted a groovy little person to show where they lived.

We could re-surface that?

I'll try and get there earlier this time as well, can I suggest some of us swap mobile numbers in case we can't find people as well!! Do it by PM or email closer to the time though!!

rvm said:
I'll try and get there earlier this time as well, can I suggest some of us swap mobile numbers in case we can't find people as well!! Do it by PM or email closer to the time though!!
Definately a good idea. I meant to do it last time but forgot :angry:

sunflower said:
There was a cool map last time where everyone posted a groovy little person to show where they lived.

We could re-surface that?
I have searched and can't find it. I know that it was chrix that put it up though. I'll see if he's on msn. :)

OK, here's the link. Chris is going to make it blank for us, if he hasn't already and then we can add ourselves to it.

:)

I've added myself to it. All you have to do is to drag a little guy from the bottom onto where you live. Add your username and your real name in the Name box and a note. I also added my msn account.

Oh, and please only do this if you think you will actually be going (if the right location etc), that way we can choose somewhere easier.

ok cheese, is birmingham actually too far for you to go, because its at least a few hours from me so if we had a meeting most of us down here would have to stay in a hotel or something if we go to far.
which would mean wed have to do it in the half term..... on a weekday

oh the email address is my msn messenger :p

Ok, just checked thetrainline.com and it would take about 3 and a half hours there and back and would cost (for Sat 23rd Oct) £70 unless I got 2 singles and then it would cost £36 (but singles are not always available).

:/

there and back to birmingham? i suppose i were to go birmingham id have to go on the fiday night up there if it was a saturday and leave that afternoon due to me working on a sunday.... unless i could get the day off......

Most reactions

Back