New to the forum

Great news!

Wait till ammonia is under 0.75 and nitrite over 2 and tell us - that's the next stage and we'll help you with that. It shouldn't be much longer now you have a nitrite reading.
Will do. I was tempted to wait till tomorrow to test but I just had a feeling. Il keep you posted 😀

Brilliant! We'll soon be helping you pick out your fish 👍🏻 have you thought anymore on whether you'd like to have some plants?

Brilliant! We'll soon be helping you pick out your fish 👍🏻 have you thought anymore on whether you'd like to have some plants?
Thanks! I’m going to pier aquatics tomorrow in Wigan as everyone is raving about it and I’m only 25 minutes away. Yes Iv planned on having lots of plants from the very start.
At what point can I put plants in?

Once the cycle has finished. Some plants can't cope with ammonia being added all in one dose rather than tiny amounts 24 hours a day like fish do.

Forgot to say - don't let Pier Aq convince you that you are wasting your time and to buy fish as soon as you walk in the door ;)

Forgot to say - don't let Pier Aq convince you that you are wasting your time and to buy fish as soon as you walk in the door ;)
Oh no that wouldn’t happen! I shall wait for the heads up from you guys.
My wife is going the theatre with her mum so Iv got a bit a free time, I’m interested to see it and going to pick up a few bits, fish net condensation tray, tank back ground and possible a few ornaments.

Once the cycle has finished. Some plants can't cope with ammonia being added all in one dose rather than tiny amounts 24 hours a day like fish do.
I see, yeh I will hold off on the plants for now, Iv not done any research on them yet, I will get the water levels correct first

It will be a lovely opportunity to see what catches your eye and what you'd like to have at home. I can't remember if we worked out what your water hardness is or not?

Hurrrrrayyyyyyy - what a wild Friday night!!
@Essjay

We have nitrite!
Haha this is peak Friday night if you ask me! Hope your trip to the LFS is successful and you come back with loads of ideas!

I love this thread for showing just how patient you have to be setting up an aquarium and how frustrating the waiting is!

Haha this is peak Friday night if you ask me! Hope your trip to the LFS is successful and you come back with loads of ideas!

I love this thread for showing just how patient you have to be setting up an aquarium and how frustrating the waiting is!
I was so happy it’s put me in a real good mood!

Yeh I want some inspiration and to see everything it has to offer. Iv got lots of ideas just need to whittle it down.

How long does it usually take from the point I’m at now to see the nitrate levels correct and the ammonium and nitrite down

It will be a lovely opportunity to see what catches your eye and what you'd like to have at home. I can't remember if we worked out what your water hardness is or not?
Yes we looked into this and Warrington has very soft water. My pH levels have been a bit up and down. (See pictures)

Attachments

• 1D4D8AF0-7503-4E5B-AFEC-B8C27C1A4DF6.jpeg
    1D4D8AF0-7503-4E5B-AFEC-B8C27C1A4DF6.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 15
  • BB1A5226-F1D8-45A7-99DA-6C5E12F03EBB.jpeg
    BB1A5226-F1D8-45A7-99DA-6C5E12F03EBB.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 20
I was so happy it’s put me in a real good mood!

Yeh I want some inspiration and to see everything it has to offer. Iv got lots of ideas just need to whittle it down.

How long does it usually take from the point I’m at now to see the nitrate levels correct and the ammonium and nitrite down
Hoping someone else can answer this as I can't remember how long mine took!

Ah yes, the infamous question that has no specific answer 🤣

Soft water opens up a myriad of possibilities! Have you seen any fish that have taken your fancy?

Excellent :)

Just a day or two longer before you hit that target of ammonia under 0.75 and nitrite over 2.

Most reactions

Back