New Tank Beginnings...

Ah well you know best.

I only have 30 yrs experience in fishkeeping and also in the building trade.

I would not put a lovely tank like that on those poxy feet .

you know best though !!!!!!!!!!

Nice tank Bunji! It looks fantastic.

I like the way you have added lights to certain areas of the tank but not the whole length. It looks fantastic!

Is it based on a biotope? I dont know a tremendous lot about those fish you have in there! :)

QUINTESSENTIAL said:
Ah well you know best.

I only have 30 yrs experience in fishkeeping and also in the building trade.

I would not put a lovely tank like that on those poxy feet .

you know best though !!!!!!!!!!
a little harsh me thinks! :/

looks fantastic Bunji. :thumbs:

Hope all goes well.

steve

Quintessential - I know it is not Ideal, i shall be changing its position in a couple of months fingers crossed..

Most of the fish in there are South American, with exception to the Synodontis Angelicus. The rest are all from the Amazon or tributaries of it as far as i know. Pims come from Columbia i think, others are from Peru, Brazil etc.

Thanks for the other comments on the tank I am very pleased with it, i especially like the way the light falls and the wood looks nice in it... I have one more piece to add at the front left.

Ben

bunjiweb said:
6fttank5.jpg
A wonderful setup you have I am green with envy.

I have a similar Eheim external filter the same as the one in your picture, what are the attachments to the inlet and outlet hoses?

Are these so that you can shut off the water supply when cleaning?

I have always thought that something like that should be on my filter but have been unable to find them anywhere, can you recommend them

john5748 said:
I have a similar Eheim external filter the same as the one in your picture, what are the attachments to the inlet and outlet hoses?

Are these so that you can shut off the water supply when cleaning?
Yes, thats exactly what they are for. If you have the same model pump, they should have come with it when you bought it, unless you got it second hand. [EDIT: You can buy the taps seperatly too.]

Great tank BTW Bungi.

Jon

Not hugely into fish like that, although its patterns are nice i am into more different looking things on the whole such as catfish, oddballs etc.

John, as already said the taps come with all eheim canister filters from 2213 all the way up. If you havent got them your local good fish shop should stock them. I know at work they are around £6-10 each depending on the size of piping they are for.

Thanks

Most reactions

Back