New Stuff - Pics

What luminaire is that and what lamps are in there? I'm thinking about returning to the reef world, and I've got an Arcadia luminaire over my FW at the moment, I really like them so I'd probably go for a marine version if I make the change :)

I had to change the left hand side a bit, it wasnt as stable as i liked and am now happy with this
07062006.jpg

Now questions

What size is it?
its a 35G uk 42G US

Also how much did it cost?

Tank - £35
Black aragonite sand - £15
Live rock - £180
Powerheads 2000lph X2 - £37
Heater - £13
Arcadia t5 Luminaire - £152
25 Kg instant ocean - £42
Ro unit - £55

so far = £529

got to get skimmer :)

The arcadia luminaire with T5 lamps - atm white lamps - going to swap one for a marine blue :)

Where did you get the tank from for that price?

Id like to upgrade mine to a bigger tank!

I only bought the 2 the 4 was a bit much i think, would have blinded everything in sight lol.

I bought the tank from a place called Wickford aquatics they sell loads of stuff really cheap, plus pets at home do tanks for about £40 - £50 but i saw this one there and it was cheap :) second hand but all new seals so it dont bother me for £35 :)

ok my tank is starting to get dirty now with alage everywhere it now has 3 turbo snails and thats it so far.....but when looking closey at the glass there are these little whitish seethrough things stuck to it abut 1-2mm blob in the middle and little tenticles comming out with little whit dots on what are they and can u just scrape them off?

Well, cant really comment on the little tentacled things without a picture. They're prolly benign, but who knows. As for the algae, what color is it, what surfaces does it cover, and how old is the tank?

greeny brownish blobs/patches on the glass....tank is ummmm a month old?

Can you scrape it off the glass? Over time, the glass WILL build up with algaes, just have to bite the bullet and scrape it :). If it's not covering the substrate or rocks I wouldnt worry just yet :)

Ok so here are some water stats just wanted to know if they are ok!

A= 0
N02 = 0
No3= 5
PH=8.2
p04= 0.25
Ca= well this came out between 500-540 mg/l

Pretty typical for a new tank, nice work. THe small amount of phosphate is a little troublesome, but nothing to set off alarm bells yet. Your calc is way high though. Do you hae any way to measure alkalinity (KH, or carbonate hardness)? If that too is high, I wouldnt be all that concerned :)

Most reactions

Back